Reporter

Herbert

by Doug » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:32 am

• W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Re: Herbert

by W G » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:48 am

That's very me, Doug, in so many ways. Is "HERBERT" the proprietor's name or the name of the locality, I wonder?

As is so often the case with many of these finds, it is a bit of a shame that the door is not open. I guess that 'Vintage Clothing' is probably why I wear these days.

Last Sunday I took my first photo since February. Packing to move, moving and unpacking, along with settle ing into a new area and a new job have all conspired to confiscate my time and attention. Today is my day off and the weather is reportedly going to be a cracker so I'll get to finish the roll of film (and in all probability load and shoot a second roll). Shooting 6x12 on 120 film means there are only 6 shots so that won't be a mammoth task. You've provided great inspiration to get off my broad acre with this one. Thanks.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Herbert is a small NZ township on the main highway.
    This was the towns general store/post office originally.

Happy to provide some inspiration.
    I was wondering when we where going to see some 6x12 work, it does seem quite a while since it was a topic of discussion about the format.

Daylight saving as well at the end of the month, for some evening shooting.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:14 pm

April 4 was my last scanning session. Then came the necessary hiatus of moving. I still don't have the office unpacked and set-up but today I went out and found another motif to shoot so, in a very real sense, I have just one more frame on the roll of film and it will get run through the soup. THAT will then apply pressre to get the scaner happening.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi