Adelaide cityscape pano
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

Adelaide cityscape pano

by Plays with Light » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:47 pm

Don't you just love it when someone knows they are in your shot, but refuses to move courteously out of the way for just a second. This was actually supposed to be a long exposure panorama, but I forgot to bring my remote trigger, so there was no chance today... :roll: I'll consider this a test run and go back during the week for it, maybe even with the panoramic head.

This is a 6 image panorama shot at 24mm on full-frame, even the tilt-shift couldn't get this width of image for me with full shifts left and right.

Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Re: Adelaide cityscape pano

by W G » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:11 pm

Then again Alex, shifting left & right might have rendered a straight railing.

How long did the Madame Tussaud's mannequin grace you with such stoic dedication and persistance? Or was it a set-up?
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Plays with Light » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:12 am

W G wrote:Then again Alex, shifting left & right might have rendered a straight railing.

How long did the Madame Tussaud's mannequin grace you with such stoic dedication and persistance? Or was it a set-up?

Too true, Walter (about the straight rails). She was there for the whole 10 minutes I was there, photographing some Dragon Boat races being held today and she was well aware I was taking panoramic shots, turning from right to left, including her.

None the less I will return during this week better armed for a better outcome, fingers crossed.
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:58 am

She could have stepped into all 6 shots I suppose:)
    I wonder if you could use the shift for the rail area, with a pan each end.
    So long as there was just water and not bank edge, the pans each end would probably go unnoticed.
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Plays with Light » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:12 pm

Doug wrote:She could have stepped into all 6 shots I suppose:)
    I wonder if you could use the shift for the rail area, with a pan each end.
    So long as there was just water and not bank edge, the pans each end would probably go unnoticed.

I never thought of combining the images from the tilt-shift and the pano together, thanks for that Doug! I will try it as an experiment when I go back tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on cloud cover.