Locked 0 posts Page 1 of 1
Thursday 10 August 2006
    Sir Tristram
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Thursday 10 August 2006

by Sir Tristram » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:53 pm

Another busy couple of days. If you get a chance drop Tim ( Zeeke ) a msg of appreciation for the work he has put in to getting the forum looking good. His graphic in the top left, his coding for POTW, buttons, Active topics, etc etc etc.

So here are a number of things you have probably noticed.

* Scrolling Active Topics List
    * Picture of the Week Area
    * Members Competitions Area
    * Chat now fully functional
    * A mod was installed so that a posts "view" count does not go up when the poster keeps looking at his/her own posts.

I would expect that Picture of the Week will commence in probably 2 weeks as soon as we can sort out a "Hidden Poll" so members can vote for POTW and then the result is published after closing.

I would also expect to have our very first members challenge in September, please be on the look out for this. Once again it comes down to getting the infrastructure right before we open the doors.

Regards

John C.
  • avkomp

by avkomp » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:33 pm

thanks zeeke

I am sure your efforts are appreciated by all the members!!
    well donte mate

:)
    Manta
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Manta » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:50 am

Great work boys. I can only imagine the sort of effort, frustration and brain work that goes into what you've acheived here but it's very much appreciated.

Take a big bow.
    Simon

Sorry....what was the question again?

PPOK - as long as you tell me what you did to fix my dodgy image!
    Tim
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Tim » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:26 pm

No worries folks.. happy to do it... my brain isnt tho, it would like some sleep soon

Also added but probably not noticed

* Buttons in the header to search for missed posts, your own posts and unawnswered posts

* Reply in Private Messages displays the original message so you can read the message and reply without flipping backwards and forwards

* Last replied topic is displayed in the Last post section of the main forum.. so users can now see what was last replied to in the forum, not just the top active topics..

More to come, but i'll get to it.. we are looking into a spell checker system.. so if someone is unsure of there spelling, they can run a spell checker over there post before hand..

I would also like to thank Birdy, Although im doing all this work as a "love job" Birdy has kindly decided to pass on a 4gig memory card for my work... so for Birdys generosity.. a big three cheers for Birdy... I really appreciate all the support ive been given from members.. means alot to me, even tho im occassionally made fun of because im always lurking or.. something goes wrong and i cop the blame (Thanks Tristram for last night)

Anyways folks, thanks again.. and thanks Birdy

Tim
    Come to the Dark Side...... We have COOKIES!

Digital Still Photographics
    The Fishing Group of Australia
    Muzza
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by Muzza » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:17 pm

Thanks Tim. This place is really starting to take shape thanks to the long hours you've put in. Well done. :D :D
    Later,
    Murray
    Reporter
    Reporter

by LostDingo » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:26 pm

Constant building and changes :D

The fruit of all the labour does show and I speak for several people when I say all that effort and time is much appreciated :!:
Locked 0 posts Page 1 of 1