Locked 0 posts Page 1 of 1
ChatRoom Behaviour
    Sir Tristram
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

ChatRoom Behaviour

by Sir Tristram » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:00 pm

It has been brought to the Site Mods attention that within the past week a conversation/s have taken place that contain statements of a racial nature.

I can assure you that as this sites owner I will not tolerate this type of behaviour in the forum. EVER. At no stage by entering this forum does the law not apply to you and what you say here under the Race and Sexual harassment laws either State or Federal. YOU WILL BE PERSONALLY LIABLE FOR WHAT YOU SAY. NO IF's NO BUTS.

It saddens me to have to bring this topic up as I would never have thought it necessary, not in this day and age. But 2 people out of 300 have let us down and I have asked them to personally apologise to the person concerned and that it is not, has not and never will be the policy of this forum to tolerate such statements.

So please, unless your discussion is photographic in nature or is a conversation that can be repeated in open court keep it to yourself or ask for one of the Mods to delete your account for you.

On another issue no pirate/illegal software discussions will be tolerated. If you wish to discuss these issues discuss them away from this forum. If it is proven that a member/s are trading in or swapping illegal software then they will have their memberships closed.
    John C.
    **PPOK**
    Manta
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Manta » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:22 pm

I stand with you on this too John. Sad that we have to spell these things out but hopefully it's the last time we need to do so.
    Simon

Sorry....what was the question again?

PPOK - as long as you tell me what you did to fix my dodgy image!
    Oneputt

by Oneputt » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:29 pm

I am sure that this would not have been intentionally offensive but that is the way that it has turned out, and some one has been upset. Racial jokes and slurs no matter how innocent cannot be tolerated. I support your stand John, and hope that something like this never happens again.
    "The good thing about meditation, is that it makes doing nothing respectable." **PPOK**

www.oneputtphotographics.com
    http://oneputt.redbubble.com/
    Bodak
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by Bodak » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:35 pm

I echo all of the above.
    Be at peace. - Stephen.
    Web Site
    PPOK
    Muzza
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by Muzza » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:00 pm

Such behaviour can not be tolerated on this forum. We have a great place here for all to enjoy and everyone should be able to participate and feel comfortable doing so. Please respect your fellow members so this type of incident does not occur again.
    If you see or are on the end of such inappropriate behaviour, do not hesitate to contact an Admin or Mod, and the appropriate action will be taken.
    Later,
    Murray

by avkomp » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:45 pm

it was my comments that started this rucus

therefore I tender my resignation from the forum and expect my account to be terminated forth with.
    this is not negotiable.

I regret any troubles that I have caused the forum

I have gone out of my way to help everybody here and certainly meant noone any harm.

for the record though, I personally believe that it wasnt any of our members that were offended and feel disappointed that the complainer chose to hide behind a pseudonym.
    or take up the issue with me personally.

This seems like the same language used in the leatherman incident and I personally believe the same person is behind it.

however that wasnt the case so we cant be having admins guilty of this behaviour so really have no choice other than removing me.

anyhow cya folks.
    Sir Tristram
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Sir Tristram » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:18 pm

Resignation accepted.

JC
    John C.
    **PPOK**
Locked 0 posts Page 1 of 1