Father and Son
    AussieTimmeh

Father and Son

by AussieTimmeh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 am

Hi all,

After having a bit of a break due to some life events, I've returned and I'm back with something very different for me. I mostly shoot aircraft and sometimes cars, but I recently was asked to do a photoshoot by a friend of mine. You see, they had been trying for 8 years to have a baby, and after two failed rounds of IVF they fell pregnant naturally and their miracle boy was born, albeit 7 weeks premature. He spent much time in hospital but has since been released and is doing very well. So naturally my friend was keen for some nice photos of this special time for them.

The resulting photo set was both a mix of colour and black and white images. I have never done a baby shoot before and I have never done any black and white images before, but this particular situation seemed to lend itself to the style. I had to wait for permission from my friend before posting the picture, but I have permission now.

While the photo looks calm and peaceful, little bub was wriggling around like crazy and bringing up milk all the time so it was actually a challenge trying to capture moments of him awake in the limited timeframe before he needed another feed or nap.

This image of the father and his new son was shot on my Canon 1D, 24-70L, f/2.8 at 40mm, 1/50th at ISO800.

Full credit to people who do this for a living, it'll definitely never be my bread and butter but it was a rewarding shoot to do for them. Thanks for looking.
    PPOK, C+C always welcome
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Re: Father and Son

by W G » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:54 am

You have done remarkable well, and provided a level of contact that a stranger shooting the pics would not be able to elicit.

Well done.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    AussieTimmeh

by AussieTimmeh » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Thanks Walter, shame I couldn't share more but the family is fairly private which is ok. It's always fun to try a new challenge.
    PPOK, C+C always welcome
    Dug
    Senior Photojournalist
    Senior Photojournalist

by Dug » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:37 pm

OUTSTANDING ! The photo and the story :D
    "Photography to the amateur is recreation, to the professional it is work, and hard work too, no matter how pleasurable it may be."

Edward Weston

( Total NIKON bigot )

PPOK
    AussieTimmeh

by AussieTimmeh » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks Dug, that means alot. :)
    PPOK, C+C always welcome