Kite Festival
    evat601

Kite Festival

by evat601 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:16 pm

While everyone was looking up at the Kites, I kept looking straight ahead and was able to find some interesting people....

Semaphore Kite Festival-1704 by ev at 601, on Flickr

Semaphore Kite Festival-1692 by ev at 601, on Flickr

Semaphore Kite Festival-1728 by ev at 601, on Flickr
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

Re: Kite Festival

by Doug » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:46 pm

The first one makes me think,"Is it a bird?, is it a plane?"

Is that last one Eden, or his twin brother?

The middle one is my favorite as a character study. He looks so serious and tense.
    Perhaps that I know he is at a kite festival makes it better, but the photo does not show that to me as a stand alone.
    A less tight shot including people in a more festive mood might have been better still.
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:46 am

There I was walking down Semaphore jetty past some elderly couple, the bloke was mumbling to his wife something about someone taking his photo and did he look like a kite

then I take a quick side step as sure enough "that bloke with the camera" was aiming right at me , He got me just as I recognised the head behind the camera. :mrgreen:

It was good to see you and the family out amongst the kites, I just wish there had been a tiny bit more wind today for them.
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Plays with Light » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:56 am

Love a bit of crowd watching myself, these are a great sample across the board, Evan, nicely done. White guys with baseball caps on backwards are hilarious! He looks like he came straight out of a Porkies movie! The bloke in the middle one looks like he's been waiting about an hour too long for his hot donuts! The guy in the third one looks a bit dodgy! I reckon he's got a shoe fetish, the angle his camera is on... :wink:
    Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Ahhhh , the old mirrors taped to the shoes trick! :dug:

I do love that top shot Evan, they couldn't have posed for that if you paid them to.
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK