Sexy Legs
  • Ausee

Sexy Legs

by Ausee » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:12 am

Red-necked Avocet
    Last edited by Ausee on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Cheers from Colin
  • Ausee

Re: Sexy Legs

by Ausee » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:05 am

that bad huh ? :?
    Cheers from Colin
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:31 am

Ausee wrote:that bad huh ? :?

Ok i'll bite its fantastic wonderfull narural colours nice post processing whats the origional look like :mrgreen:
    Calm down its not real life its a internet forum:)
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:56 pm

Ok i'll bite its fantastic wonderfull narural colours nice post processing whats the origional look like :mrgreen:

It used to be a duck
    You just can't trust those photoshopers.
    That beak is the give away- yer right.

But seriously,
    choice shot
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Doug wrote:

It used to be a duck
    You just can't trust those photoshopers.
    That beak is the give away- yer right.

But seriously,
    choice shot

You picked it :mrgreen:
  • Ausee

by Ausee » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:57 pm

The original is gone, recycle bin/deleted.....I generally only ever keep the very best of my images as originals and "developed" in PS5, the rest just stay as jpegs on my HD, this series of 5 are nothing special so originals are deleted as soon as developed/edited A series of 5 shots were taken of this bird as it strolled across the mud flats. But here's an original from a second or two after the first image shown. It's much the same except for leg positions, in this one below the bird is simply a step or two from from the first posted image. This original below is straight out of camera, no alterations except resize and compression for uploading purposes, then linked via imageshack .......so it is as is
    I dont add items to images, nor do I alter images in any great way, my knowledge of PS is basic at best. If I ever do anything major it is declared openly, or in the case of something a little more artful when the mood strikes then it is obvious that it is a PS creation.

Must say as a new comer to this forum, my feelings are not particularly positive....thankyou
    Last edited by Ausee on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Cheers from Colin
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:42 pm

Ausee wrote:Must say as a new comer to this forum, my feelings are not particularly positive....thankyou

Chin up, it is only banter, I seriously doubt there is any malice there!

eden
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:59 pm

[quote="Ausee"

Must say as a new comer to this forum, my feelings are not particularly positive....thankyou ][/quote]

Why is that ? because nobody replyed to you pix in 24 hours :roll: I sometimes wait months :mrgreen:
  • Ausee

by Ausee » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:01 pm

LOZ wrote:[quote="Ausee"

Why is that ? because nobody replyed to you pix in 24 hours :roll: I sometimes wait months :mrgreen:

Yes that, and the fact so many people viewed and did not bother to acknowledge in the spirit of forum participation. You may be willing to wait months with no response, most people and myself question what's the point of bothering to post anymore when that occurs....common sense really.

I only knew this forum even existed recently, and surprisingly it had been around a long time but with membership dropping off dramatically ?

Last but not least..........most people understand general forum etiquette and are friendly, tactful and informative, but you seem to be of an opposite character trait.....somewhat disappointing ???

rant over, all the best

Colin
    Cheers from Colin
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Ausee wrote: so many people viewed and did not bother to acknowledge

Hiya Colin,

Don't feel too gutted. The number of VIEWS is hugely inflated by all the bots that search most sites.

I hope things improve for you.

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:26 pm

Look - it's not a bad shot, but at the same time, it doesn't really speak to me other than "It's a picture of a bird". That's why I didn't comment.

If I was forced to critique - The colours on the legs look stunning, but the head, neck and eye suggest the saturation has been wound up fairly significantly to achieve this... The lighting's effective enough to show the bird's form and markings, but from a photographic/artistic stance it's not spectacular or unusual enough to elicit a "Ooooh!" "Aaaaah!" or "Wow!".

The last bird photo I posted didn't recieve any comments either. It partly reflects the audience's interests on this site, but also reflective of the shot being just another bird photo. To this end, I guess it comes down to why you're sharing your photos.

For me, it's partly a social thing. It's something of a temporary photo-diary of where I've been and seen which I share for no particular reason with the members of this site. Also - I like to post some photos, discuss photographic ideas about the techniques/scene/lighting/etc... But first and foremost, I come here for the critique. I've taken plenty of shots, thought "Jeez - I've finally landed a bloody good one!" Posted it up, and (politely) been brought back down to earth with a thud. And for good cause. I've made (and continue to make) some really basic errors. I know I don't fully work through the thought process for a lot of my shots, largely because photography is predominantly something I do to unwind from work - so I tend to turn the brain off and just play, meaning a lot of my shots are "close but not quite". But when I've pushed harder and needed it (asked for, or obviously been at a "roadblock" point in my development), I've received so much great advice, and learnt so much from this site that what little I can manage to put together well is thanks to a large degree to the members of this forum that have taken the time to critique my work and offer suggestions. What's the relevance to this thread you might be wondering? To me - a thread with no comments means "No fatal flaws, but something that doesn't stand-out from the crowd".

Again, this shot is not bad. But it depends what you want from being on here... But if you're just looking to share snapshots, maybe drop them here:
    viewforum.php?f=36

And don't mind LOZ. He's just getting to know you in his own way... :lol:
  • riddickbadhands500

by riddickbadhands500 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:01 pm

Dexter
    Last edited by riddickbadhands500 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:42 pm

Yes that, and the fact so many people viewed and did not bother to acknowledge in the spirit of forum participation. You may be willing to wait months with no response, most people and myself question what's the point of bothering to post anymore when that occurs....common sense really.

It happens, sometimes a lot of posts arrive at once. Sometimes the picture can be good but not spark an immediate thought on something worthy to say about it, "I'll get back to it" you think but you forget to go looking for it again, or you only have time to browse when you first see it. Sometimes I only see an image at the end of the week when I'm looking at the options for COW nominations.

This is a small community, not everyone comments on images outside their field of interest either.
    The core of commenters on images is quite low.

I'm the same with putting very few words with an image mostly, it can help to put some effort on your own side to offer some back story to the image or what you like about it, what you wished was better, what you where out of achieve, this can help prompt discussion.
    I like to see at times if the image speaks for itself without my own comment, or if it conveys the same thing to others. No comment can be just as informative in this case that maybe the picture missed the mark.
    I post on a couple of other sites as well which helps to see if the no comment is for this reason or for one of the reasons I gave above.

It is interesting how different sites have their own culture in the way they comment on pictures. I value the feed back I get here the most, it is straight shooting, well considered and gives something to take away.
    Plus if I hear another "I like it but I find such'n such distracting" from one of the other sites I think I'll scream.

The first of the images in this link http://www.digitalslr.com.au/forum/view ... 17&t=20340 is my favorite of images I have done in many months. I was surprised someone even found it after a week with no comment :)

Loz is an odd one.
    He has very definite and seemingly fixed views on things and it is hard to draw him in to discussion on what they are exactly.
    He won't force those views on anyone, but he can come across as contemptuous towards those that he thinks don't share them when the mood takes him.

Trigger words are often, photoshop, editing, RAW, processing, clone tool, etc :)

You are not the first and you won't be the last to find his often vague and unhelpful comments frustrating, he can be the source however of some of the more entertaining moments on this site if you don't take him too seriously.
    Last edited by Doug on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:33 am

Red-necked Avocet

Last edited by Ausee on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total. I have taken my photos and told my mummy on you

Someone needs a teaspoon of cement
  • Mattyp

by Mattyp » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:04 pm

I cant see a photo, thus cannot comment. Although I probably wouldn't have anyway.

The reality is, there are some great photos posted here, some mediocre and some not so great (mine dominate the last 2 categories), but any photos I do choose to put up, are there because i wanted to share, sometimes even just because the forum is dead and I figure i'll give someone something to look at. This comes with no expectation of an instant comment or a bunch of "LIKES" (that's what Facebook is for)
    I don't know enough about the technical side of photography, so rather than just say "I like it" unless i have something to contribute I simply view them and carry-on, occasionally throwing a question out there.

I don't think you should take it to heart. Perhaps the spirit of participation just isn't in me.

<---- 96 posts in 5 years. :lol: