Lost in the fog...
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

Lost in the fog...

by beeb » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:24 pm

Last edited by beeb on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Lost in the fog...

by Eden » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm pretty keen on the foreground but feel it robs the background a little.

almost a grassline crop when I scroll gives me a separate picture that is IR looking.

love the detail in the foreground logs but :)
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Thanks Eden, I haven't been able to get this image feeling "balanced" (despite several attempts...). It's close, but will probably require a re-shoot to perfect it as the background is too muted relative to the foreground IMO (the trees need to be brighter or surrounded by a more detailed sky I'm thinking?). I was playing with contrasting long-exposure movement (large trees in the background) with sharp details (in the foreground), but it didn't quite land with this one. I'll consider it as notes for potential future shots anyway... :lol:

(FYI: It was bloody miserable weather, I had hoped for more sun but there was none to be had!)
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:01 pm

your brave taking the toys out there anyhow in that weather so brownie points for that alone,

I reckon you would have done a few with the background in focus and the foreground out of focus, did that change things or does it loose the IR side of things?
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Eden wrote:your brave taking the toys out there anyhow in that weather so brownie points for that alone,

Wasn't actually raining, just very grey and quiet windy. :wink: On the plus side, you normally have the landscape to yourself on days like that... :lol:

Eden wrote:I reckon you would have done a few with the background in focus and the foreground out of focus, did that change things or does it loose the IR side of things?

Hmmm... I do have a few alternate backgrounds I can play with - good thing you reminded me about them. I would still prefer to re-shoot it at some stage, but there may be a better version of the current shot to be had yet! :) I didn't bother with OOF foregrounds as I couldn't see it making much sense or adding anything to the image as the logs/treestumps would just look like big OOF dark blobs.