Evolving...
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

Evolving...

by beeb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:11 pm

Part of my ongoing obsession with shots of trees... :lol:

And starting to get settled in with the Lensbaby 'Sweet 35' now. Still plenty of trial and error going on, but starting to get some useable results now I think...

Should've stopped this first one down a smidge more I think...? :?

Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Evolving...

by Busiboy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Lens baby and Ir

I like the first, I lose the tree on the horizon though.

I'm a fan of the second although I agree it should be a stop down.

The last 2 are lost for me in the oof, a trap on the lens baby, it's a hard tool to master.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:07 pm

I quite like the lensbaby shots but notice the extra blur you get around the outer edge with the full frame that my crop sensor doesn't get.

you wouldn't think it made much difference but there is much less blur with the crop sensor.

I like the second to last shot the more I look at it.
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Busiboy wrote:Lens baby and Ir

I like the first, I lose the tree on the horizon though.

I'm a fan of the second although I agree it should be a stop down.

The last 2 are lost for me in the oof, a trap on the lens baby, it's a hard tool to master.

Thanks for the feedback Scott, tend to agree with you on all points, except I'm not sure exactly what you're meaning with "I lose the tree on the horizon though"?

Eden wrote:I quite like the lensbaby shots but notice the extra blur you get around the outer edge with the full frame that my crop sensor doesn't get.

you wouldn't think it made much difference but there is much less blur with the crop sensor.

I like the second to last shot the more I look at it.

I think this lens would be vastly more preferable to use with a crop-frame camera. The "sweet spot" is very small on the full frame, and stopping down tends to create a "streaky" effect rather than spreading the "sweet spot" so much. I'll continue to experiment, but any really good shots are going to be either very hard-won or very lucky... :)
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:05 pm

Been a very busy couple of weeks, just getting back to the camera again. Still playing around with the Lensbaby "Sweet 35" optic at the moment. This time with dark ND filters to get some long-exposure shots going.

Very different light conditions, but this is the same tree from in shot #2 above: :)

And leaning towards the more abstract, I grabbed this from around the opposite side of the ridgeline: