first bridge shoot
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

first bridge shoot

by Eden » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:40 pm

I will go back one morning pre dawn to try the light from the other side.

and I need to get a decent tripod :(

ImageIMG_7958 by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8002 by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7987 by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

and just to show what a disgusting vomit of colour they have used

ImageIMG_7954 by MrStinkybait, on Flickr
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

Re: first bridge shoot

by beeb » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Jeez - those surrounds don't give you much to work with do they!

I can see what you were going for in these but they're not quite working for me as is if I'm honest, but good for a first exploration of what looks like a bloody tricky subject!

#1, maybe if it was shot from off to the left to give the bridge more of the frame to arc into, and having moved forward a bit to not have the black street-lamp in the immediate foreground. Bit much space, not enough bridge/features as is IMO.

#2 is close, but there's a bit much foreground space for my taste. Point the lens up some more, let those lines under the bridge sing a little louder, ever if it converges the verticals. It'll also emphasise the curve more...

#3 with a crop that trims the R/H and bottom frame until the foreground rocks and light reflection should be shmicko.

Those are just my thoughts and would tailor it more to how I'd shoot it, but everyone sees things differently, so take it with a grain of salt!
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: first bridge shoot

by Eden » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:00 pm

Cheers Tim,

I was by no means happy with these but need the input, thanks once again

that second shot was close to this one but may have a little more of the lines in it ( I might have to crop the base and have a play with this shot )

ImageIMG_8004 by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

I will buy a good tripod soon and get down there pre dawn soon and hope for a little better.

I am definitely out of my comfort zone with this sort of photography but that is a good thing :)

the bridge goes from this low and flat section into this raised slot car track type structure
    ImageIMG_7970 by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

cheers eden
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK