Westgate Bridge (section)
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

Westgate Bridge (section)

by beeb » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Playing around with a Nikon 85mm f/2 AI-S on the 5D Mark III. Startlingly good lens (especially for such a tiny form). A fraction vague wide open, but lovely and contrasty and sharp stopped down a few stops.

Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

Re: Westgate Bridge (section)

by Doug » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:17 pm

Nice shot Tim.

That bridge holds memories of my first ever trip to Melbourne.
    I came via The Great Ocean rd and had a caravan park picked out to get a cabin not too far before reaching the bridge, with the plan being to make an assault on Melbourne in the morning after a good sleep.
    I had not long since got a bit used to Adelaide, having come from a New Zealand town of pop 14k. Well I missed the turn off to the caravan park and the Westgate bridge dumped me in the heart of Melbourne in the rush hour traffic with nothing but a very general map of mayor roads.
    To make matters worse the windscreen was covered in road grim and on one road I was driving near blind into the setting sun.

Not the best introduction to Melbourne but it has not put me off going back, including two trips on the bike to Philip Island to watch the bike GP.
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

Re: Westgate Bridge (section)

by beeb » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:31 pm

Thanks Doug.

And yep, I can imagine exactly what that'd be like. Not an ideal first impression at all but glad you didn't let it spoil it for you. MotoGP is something that's always interested me, but alas, not enought to tackle the traffic and crowds... :lol: