Spiderbait*
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

Spiderbait*

by Plays with Light » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:53 pm

Some handheld images from outside of the Adelaide Stadium, or whatever it's called, from a walkabout that got me holding my camera again for the first time in ages and ages. I'll get inside one of these days, but I won't pay $20 for the tour to do it.

*The title of "Spiderbait" is because of their ages old song "Footy," which is one of my fave's of theirs.

ImageAdelaide Stadium Study 01 by Alexander ., on Flickr

ImageAdelaide Stadium Study 02b by Alexander ., on Flickr

ImageAdelaide Stadium Study 03 by Alexander ., on Flickr
    Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

Re: Spiderbait*

by beeb » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:41 pm

#1 is a really good shot. Great dynamics. Good balance of tones, light and shade, the framing of the swooping curves, etc... Love it. Very engaging in a way that is so hard to achieve with these shots (easy to make a bland minimilist shot, much harder to make one as visually engaging as this).

#2 would be a cracker on any other week, but #1 has it upstaged in this instance! :D
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Plays with Light » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:45 pm

beeb wrote:#1 is a really good shot. Great dynamics. Good balance of tones, light and shade, the framing of the swooping curves, etc... Love it. Very engaging in a way that is so hard to achieve with these shots (easy to make a bland minimilist shot, much harder to make one as visually engaging as this).

#2 would be a cracker on any other week, but #1 has it upstaged in this instance! :D

Thanks, Tim. I really enjoyed reading your description of what you saw in the first one. It's exactly what I saw when I held the camera to my eye and what I worked in PP to bring out with various gradient masks to emphasise the subtle plays of light and form.

#2 for me, has this almost portal-like thing going on in the reflections, something which I'd like to explore further.
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:13 pm

Plays with Light wrote:#2 for me, has this almost portal-like thing going on in the reflections, something which I'd like to explore further.

Yep, that mix of gloss and matt finishes in the glass/shaded area has captured my attention (and curiousity...). I particularly like the stretched looking reflections on the far left. An interesting concept to explore further. :wink:
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:19 am

Yes lov'in that first one particularly. much to engage the eye.
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Plays with Light » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:19 am

Doug wrote:Yes lov'in that first one particularly. much to engage the eye.

Thanks, Doug.