Looking through the sun roof you see different things
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Looking through the sun roof you see different things

by LOZ » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Fuji X100 when its good its very very good and when its bad its wicked .There's a horrid love hate relationship at present :roll: :lol:
    Calm down its not real life its a internet forum:)
  • Fusionize
    Cadet
    Cadet

by Fusionize » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:34 am

Very nice LOZ, really love the lines in this. Works so well.
    Remorhaz
    Cadet
    Cadet

by Remorhaz » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:53 am

God - how blue and orange is that! I might be tempted to crop just a smidge off the bottom?
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Remorhaz wrote:God - how blue and orange is that! I might be tempted to crop just a smidge off the bottom?

Its a square crop :wink: using fuji velvia out of camera
    RayJ
    Reporter
    Reporter

by RayJ » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Rodney is proably thinking along the same lines as me
    Bit off the bottom to make it a triangle to match the black triangle at the top
    Nice and symetrical that way :)
  • K1W1
    Cadet
    Cadet

Re: Looking through the sun roof you see different things

by K1W1 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:38 am

LOZ wrote:Fuji X100 when its good its very very good and when its bad its wicked .There's a horrid love hate relationship at present :roll: :lol:

I assume that you know that there is a firmware update about to be released that will address many of the issues owners have raised. I think it was leaked on the Fuji Canada web site.
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:57 am

K1W1 wrote:
    LOZ wrote:Fuji X100 when its good its very very good and when its bad its wicked .There's a horrid love hate relationship at present :roll: :lol:

I assume that you know that there is a firmware update about to be released that will address many of the issues owners have raised. I think it was leaked on the Fuji Canada web site.

Yep waiting waiting I cant believe the Japanese could market a camera with soooooo many niggling firmware faults. From whats been said it was rushed out to beat others like Pentax and Nikon . The Pentax is ready for market but it will no doubt be a flop for some unknown reason Pentax have gone with with a tiny sensor this is a massive oversight .
  • K1W1
    Cadet
    Cadet

by K1W1 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:24 am

LOZ wrote:The Pentax is ready for market but it will no doubt be a flop for some unknown reason Pentax have gone with with a tiny sensor this is a massive oversight .

The Pentax Q is a totally different beast, it's an interchangeable lens camera and a competitor for the Sony, Olympus and Panasonic ILC cameras rather than the Fuji imo. I agree that the tiny sensor is a mistake, typical Pentax almost but not quite.
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

by JazzXP » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:52 pm

K1W1 wrote:
    LOZ wrote:The Pentax is ready for market but it will no doubt be a flop for some unknown reason Pentax have gone with with a tiny sensor this is a massive oversight .

The Pentax Q is a totally different beast, it's an interchangeable lens camera and a competitor for the Sony, Olympus and Panasonic ILC cameras rather than the Fuji imo. I agree that the tiny sensor is a mistake, typical Pentax almost but not quite.

If the Pentax Q had a larger sensor, it could well be a competitor to the X100. A small light old school looking camera that would be ideal for street photography. Pretty much sounds like the X100, just with interchangeable lenses. No OVF, but I think the rest of it ends up being pretty similar.

Instead, they release something with the worst of both worlds. Tiny sensor (so more noise, larger DOF, etc), with the hassle of having to change lenses.
    Nikon D5000 | Nikkor 18-55 | Nikkor 55-200 | Nikkor 50 f/1.4 | Tokina 12-24 f/4 | OLD Tamron 300mm (CT-300) | Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VRII
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography