hi guys just chucking this up here , would like both advice and critique
first of all i want to describe my work flow and get some feed back on that secondly critique my photo (btw it looked greener in photoshop before i saved it as jpeg and uploaded to photobucket, now it has a yellowish hue?)
being a recreational photographer i don't feel a need to keep every photo in high res originals so generally this is my work flow which needs improvement advice i think
1. use a card reader and extract raw files from camera card to a generic raw file on desktop cut and paste style
2.open image in photoshop raw
3.adjust white balance (normally i shoot in sunshine mode so the white balance is normally ok but i check other options anyway)play with shade/temperature to get a feel of photo direction, then i basically adjust all sliders until i get a good looking image, generally trying to darken sun\sky while brightening some foreground, increase saturation/vibrance
i try to press the alt button and make sure theirs not to much of a setting and try to make the histogram look ok but i generally struggle with that part and go with what i perceive as good
4. play with the curve although i normally just give the shadows and highlights a bump in opposite directions
5.play in the saturation/vibrance/hue of the colours I'm trying to achieve may also crop photo
6. at this stage I'm pretty well done and either click done in psraw or open
7. open image in photoshop may play with dodge/burn or remove some small items with content aware fill or clone stamp.
8. again pretty well done with a completed image by this stage so i save file as a jpeg generally lowish quality about 3-4 (aid in uploading photos to net etc)and save to collection of similar photos.
generally at this stage i may even go back and delete the original raw photo from my generic folder as i say I'm finished with the photo and am not going to process it again and it will be more of a showing photo than a send to shop to get printed photo.
i know i must be doing things the hard way or causing travesties to my photo storage/quality but being new to all this i welcome all input
p.s is there a way to flick between your original photo and you modifications in photoshop raw so you can see the difference as you go?
f/4 iso 100 1/160s 70mm