Found 'em!
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

Found 'em!

by Plays with Light » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Green glass marbles, taken on my computer desk, with indirect light entering from the nearly closed vertical blinds. The first one is sitting on my neutral density filter and the second is with them sitting in a black saucer partly filled with water.

Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Re: Found 'em!

by W G » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:38 am

And you found the path to some fine imagery. Excellent on so many levels.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    DJT
    Reporter
    Reporter

by DJT » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:09 pm

So you hadn't lost your marbles after all :roll: someone had to say it

Last one is pretty cool.
    David
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Plays with Light » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 am

W G wrote:And you found the path to some fine imagery. Excellent on so many levels.

Thanks Walter, for some reason, I really like photographing things here on the computer desk with indirect light through the window behind. It requires a long shutter speed, but has a really nice soft light to it. I'm trying to find things the boy and I can do together with his mirrorless camera inside, more-so things that will hold his attention and make him think a little too! Things I can show him my attempt of and then get him to recreate it, with me being there for assistance if he needs it. Reverse engineering, sort of. I've learnt a hell of a lot by doing that to pictures and I'm hoping he will too.

His mirrorless camera arrived Tuesday and the more we are exploring it, the more I'm amazed at it! It's a bloody good little camera, with nearly all the features I have on my 6D... The only thing lacking is a hotshoe. We're going through the holy trilogy of ISO, shutter and aperture right now, he's scary how quickly he's getting this stuff. He wants it for macro and birds, the feathered variety.

Showing him how to set up and use the basics of Lightroom has made me overcome my fear of it. I don't know what I was fearful of with shifting away from Photoshop. Lightroom is so much quicker and pretty well idiot proof with its adjustment tools doing so much for you so easily.

OK, that got a little off-course there! :roll:
    Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
    heartyfisher
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by heartyfisher » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:40 am

Just curious ... which mirror-less ?

PS: really liked your images esp #2
    Moments of Light : D7K D610 18-200 150 12-24 24-70 70-200 + C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.