iMac + Epson R1800 dont work
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

iMac + Epson R1800 dont work

by LOZ » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:04 am

MMMM not a happy chappy it looks like my latest printer purchase wont run on a iMac :evil: have tried many drivers some better than others

I have scanned the net and my worst fears seem to be confirmed Their are many posters with the same problems

Question has any one else here had this problem and been able to over come it ??

Thanks in advance
    Loz
  • avkomp

by avkomp » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:18 am

yeah they did

apparently they all bought PCs........ :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
    point_shoot

by point_shoot » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:38 am

oh man! That's gotta suck!
    I can't say that I've ever had a problem with printers... except for HP's (which I personally can't stand).

I've used Epson's and Canon's and never had any problems on my mac with them although I have a macbookpro. What OS are you using?
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:24 am

point_shoot wrote:oh man! That's gotta suck!
    I can't say that I've ever had a problem with printers... except for HP's (which I personally can't stand).

I've used Epson's and Canon's and never had any problems on my mac with them although I have a macbookpro. What OS are you using?

OS X Leopard loz
    point_shoot

by point_shoot » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:35 am

Do you belong to any Mac forums?

You can try asking there... http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/
    Macca

by Macca » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Laurie,

When you say they "don't work" do you mean that you are getting poor print quality? I have an iMac and the R1800 and it works OK, but then again, maybe my standards aren't as high as yours.........I have to mess around with the setup and I get better results by changing the settings to use the printer to manage the printing process rather than Photoshop.

All said, the new Leopard Intel print driver isn't as good as the previous version for the Tiger operating system.

Stuart
    'Tis better to have loved and lust than never to have lust at all.
    ToddR
    Cadet
    Cadet

by ToddR » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:03 pm

Have exactly the same trouble Loz with my R2400, It drove me mental for months :evil:

Now I have it hooked up to my PC and works great, do my PP on the mac and transfer them to the PC for printing, not ideal but was the only way I could get around the problem.

Epson blame Apple and Apple blame Epson. I think they should both stand up and take some responsibility. I will certainly think twice before buying Epson again.
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:38 pm

[quote="Macca"]Laurie,

When you say they "don't work" do you mean that you are getting poor print quality? I have an iMac and the R1800 and it works OK, but then again, maybe my standards aren't as high as yours.........I have to mess around with the setup and I get better results by changing the settings to use the printer to manage the printing process rather than Photoshop.

All said, the new Leopard Intel print driver isn't as good as the previous version for the Tiger operating system.

Should have remembered your problem todd :( has you hair grown back??

The mac sends the message to the printer but the quality is a horror .I have looked at many mac forums and it is big well known problem It can only be solved by selling the printer so it up for sale .
    PS::hooked up a friends Canon 9500 and worked 95% 0n the first print then added paper profile and pix are 100%

loz
    ToddR
    Cadet
    Cadet

by ToddR » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:09 pm

I thought the printer was broken the output was that bad.

My jaw dropped when I hooked it up the the PC, no profile and was already 1,000,000 times better.

Great printers just don't use them on a Mac.

My hair has grown back thanks Loz.

How much you want for the R1800 ?