Up 'til about 3 weeks ago my adsl bigpond was getting speeds around 120kb/sec. and lots of dropouts whereas the plan showed up to 1,500 capability.
When I bought the imac I also updated modem and Router and ugraded to ADSL2. This brought my speed up to around 500/600 and the best I got was 820kb/sec. against a plan optimum capability of 20,000 and I continued to experience major dropouts.
After 7 calls to bigpond technical help and being treated like an idiot and being fed B/S for 3 weeks, I finally convinced them to get a techie out to check the line.
He arrived here yesterday morning less than 24 hrs. after my threat to move all my business lines, 2 x adsl plans and 2 x mobiles to another carrier.
He found some wet joints down the street and a bit of corrosion where Telstra's gear meets my gear in the basement and after a half hours work I am finally getting what I paid for.
I did a speed test before he left and it was 10,620 kb/sec.
Wooh Hoooh !!!!! Who's a happy boy now.
Last edited by Bob G
on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wake up and smell the pixels!"