• W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Makes one wonder

by W G » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:22 am

http://fujifilm-x.com/gfx/

Will it be as good as Acros or Astia?
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

Re: Makes one wonder

by Doug » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:22 am

Looks like they have stolen some of Hasselblad's thunder http://www.hasselblad.com/x1d

Both cameras have identical sensor spec,hmmm.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:32 am

If that is so, Doug, then they are eessentially stealing from themselves. The collaboration between the alleged remnant of the Sweden and Fuji is well established in both photography and digital capture.
    There have been numerous examples of this over the years, possibly starting with the panoramic X-Pan.

PS: I find no difficulty in posting from my iPhone but the malware warning is still preventing use of the computer. The site is quite efficiently earning the reputation of the Wallabies.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi Walter,

in the RED warning page click on the word "details" and then click on " visit this unsafe site" and it will let you through.
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Thanks Eden,
    I have been encountering no problems with getting in to look. But it does not afford the luxury of logging on.
    I'm happy enough using the Al Capone.
    Walter Glover

Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:37 am

W G wrote:If that is so, Doug, then they are eessentially stealing from themselves. The collaboration between the alleged remnant of the Sweden and Fuji is well established in both photography and digital capture.
    There have been numerous examples of this over the years, possibly starting with the panoramic X-Pan.

PS: I find no difficulty in posting from my iPhone but the malware warning is still preventing use of the computer. The site is quite efficiently earning the reputation of the Wallabies.

My guess is that the common denominator with the sensors, is Sony.
    Still, how the information from he sensor is turned into an image is what will differentiate them, and Fuji is more than capable of holding it's own there.

Like Eden with the red screen of doom, I'm throwing caution to the wind and taking the bypass option.
    Chances are the whole thing is a false positive.

"The site is quite efficiently earning the reputation of the Wallabies"
    LOL

Just as the site was starting to show signs of activity as well, with a change of the COW image.