Sony Rumours
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Sony Rumours

by Busiboy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:16 pm

So I've been keeping an eye on the Sony rumours lately, thinking about a switch to 35mm sensors

Sony are reportedly using the D800 sensor.

Slightly different specs but cheaper?

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-sony ... me-sensor/

Sony is to introduce Pixel binning, combining 2x2 pixels for a lower resolution higher low light performance. This would be worth a 36Mp sensor

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-comp ... ly-summer/

Interesting developments, interesting to see where it will end up.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Im so refreshed not chasing ISO mega pixels 50fps bla bla bla now I have time to smell the roses and not worry if the they look better in morning or afternoon light . Is it progress for the better or marketing for the masses ?
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:43 pm

I don't know Loz, but with that sort of down sampling the larger pixel size will definitely have some advantages, unfortunately at this stage it is only mentioned for the NEX gear, but if its any good I can't imagine them leaving it off the flagship, that could even be a firmware update you would think?

They are still putting 36Mp in a 35mm sensor though, so they will be on song for the Gear heads.

A lot of the Sony gear seems to be a hybrid of the Canon and Nikon gear, I'm just trying to work out if they are getting the best combination of both or the dregs of each?

The sony lenses seem to be one for one Canon lenses, the range is identical, costs somewhat higher though, not sure if there is an improved quality that comes with it though.

I know what I'll get out of the 70-200mm EF L, not so sure about the Sony, just don't seem to be enough shooters. I should search Flickr I guess, you just don't know what has been done to them before they post it up though.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott