For the Oly flan
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

For the Oly flan

by W G » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: For the Oly flan

by Busiboy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:16 pm

It was always a bigger story than a crime, they accounted for the losses, just hiding them from memory.

Doesn't phase me too much now, I only have an om3 (film) left, the last of my olympus kit is on flea bay as we speak.

Reinvesting into a single system again.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Oh what a tangled web we weave .........
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:54 pm

[quote="]I only have an om3 (film) left, the last of my olympus kit is on flea bay as we speak[/quote]

That is quite surprising. What's left? And what is mum left with?

Good luck,
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    DJT
    Reporter
    Reporter

by DJT » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:17 pm

:shock: even the m4/3.
    David
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Everything DJT

In the end while I loved it, if I wanted to take something serous I'd go he full frame, I was only taking happy snaps with it, an expensive and impractical camera for happy snaps.

I bought Di a Nikon p&s some time ago, that was never used, so I'll use that for happy snaps, phones for work record keeping and the 5D II for nothing serious or inspired.

Walter, the investment to get what I wanted lens wise in m4/3 meant I couldnt do what I wanted with the ff kit. I'm going to yosemite next year, what will I take? FF, so that was the decision, now to decide what zooms (I know) to round out the set.

I'm looking at the 17-40 and a normal zoom, but cannot decide on which 24-?? To look at.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Busiboy wrote:Everything DJT

In the end while I loved it, if I wanted to take something serous I'd go he full frame, I was only taking happy snaps with it, an expensive and impractical camera for happy snaps.

I bought Di a Nikon p&s some time ago, that was never used, so I'll use that for happy snaps, phones for work record keeping and the 5D II for nothing serious or inspired.

Walter, the investment to get what I wanted lens wise in m4/3 meant I couldnt do what I wanted with the ff kit. I'm going to yosemite next year, what will I take? FF, so that was the decision, now to decide what zooms (I know) to round out the set.

I'm looking at the 17-40 and a normal zoom, but cannot decide on which 24-?? To look at.

I have a 16-35mm L II I'm selling if you are interested Scott. Excellent condition barring some smalls scuffs on the front cap.
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:20 pm

beeb wrote:
    Busiboy wrote:Everything DJT

I have a 16-35mm L II I'm selling if you are interested Scott. Excellent condition barring some smalls scuffs on the front cap.

The 16-35 or 24-105? Your post says the later is available and the former sold.

Either way I'm interested but restricted by budget
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Busiboy wrote:I'm looking at the 17-40 and a normal zoom,

Tread warily Scott,

When I first bought into the Canon DSLR world about 8 years ago I bought the 17-40 L lens. It was an incredible dud and I took it back the next day. Whilst I am no fan of zooms I will admit that some are quite good. I did not find the 17-40 to be one of them.

By the way, is the Aussie version of Yosemite (TO-SEM-ITTIE) really Vegemite (VEG-EMM-ITTIEE)?

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

• beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Busiboy wrote:The 16-35 or 24-105? Your post says the later is available and the former sold.

Either way I'm interested but restricted by budget

Sorry Scott, I checked that thread after I made the above post and only then did I realise I had previously marked the wrong lens as sold (think I've now corrected it). It is definitely the 16-35mm I have for sale.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:25 am

I believe the 16-35 to be of a far finer calibre than the 17-40.
    Walter Glover

Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:19 am

W G wrote:
    Busiboy wrote:I'm looking at the 17-40 and a normal zoom,

Tread warily Scott,

When I first bought into the Canon DSLR world about 8 years ago I bought the 17-40 L lens. It was an incredible dud and I took it back the next day. Whilst I am no fan of zooms I will admit that some are quite good. I did not find the 17-40 to be one of them.

By the way, is the Aussie version of Yosemite (TO-SEM-ITTIE) really Vegemite (VEG-EMM-ITTIEE)?

Cheers,

Thanks for the heads up on the glass. I'd been reading but without using it is hard to evaluate. I did notice most of the local retailers only carried the 16-35.

Im might have to take a jar with me and confuse the locals over there, with from past experience isn't hard though as they really don't get a dry sense of humour.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott