Sunset
  • riddickbadhands500

Sunset

by riddickbadhands500 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:29 pm

Sunset
    Last edited by riddickbadhands500 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Re: Sony a77

by LOZ » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:37 pm

The only reason I would go back to a camera of DSLR size would be for the view finder the reason I would'nt purchase a a77 is the crappy OLED Electronic Viewfinder ..
    Calm down its not real life its a internet forum:)
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:11 pm

LOZ wrote:The only reason I would go back to a camera of DSLR size would be for the view finder

A 4x5 ground glass takes a lot of beating, Loz. And when I was shooting 8x10 I used to refer to it as 'roadside television'.

No electronic viewfinder I have used is in the hunt. And as for the inky dinky 35mm slr looken-peeper, you can shove it where the monkey shoved its nuts.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:51 pm

pixel peeping through a great quality view finder is a dream of mine as my second year of wearing glasses makes the average viewfinder or liveview (without the 5x or 10x) useless

it would be great if time permitted to catch a bug in flight but it doesn't, so I need to rely on bloody technology to bridge the gap.

I can fully understand both your aversion to the new but the new is some of what I look forward to!

I can't wait until you can throw in your optical viewfinder contact lens in and not hold the flippen camera up to your head but still see the shot ?

I think we are in a techno transitional stage that is very awkward until we reach the next milestone.

Eric Arthur Blair would be in his element in this day and age (George Orwell) and would be writing some amazing stuff considering he wrote 1984 in 1949 after completing his draft in 1948. (the last years of a very constrictive War)

I hope I can look back on this post in 10-15 years and remember this moment as it was!

It may be cold comfort but the only thing that never changes is change itself!

I cannot wait to see what a few years change brings with it!

I might be happy and I might not be but I hopefully will still be amazed at what it brings.

I love the old and I love the new!

Iv'e grown up with inches and cm and M/ph and Km/ph, tonnes and tuns, fritz and spam then there is tomarto and tomayto

I just try to embrace technology so I dont get too far left behind to enjoy the ride.

Well , I'm glad I said nothing and something.

--"24MP APS-C CMOS sensor, 12fps full-resolution shooting and the highest resolution EVF we've ever encountered (a 2.4M dot OLED finder). It also uses a new 19-point AF sensor, 11 points of which are cross-type (sensitive to detail in both the vertical and horizontal axis). Clever use of the main sensor's live view allows the A77 to track objects as they move across the frame, enabling the camera to have a better understanding of which AF point it should be using at any given time."

I love and hate technology!

Cheers Eden
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK