Yashica fx-3 film camera for free
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Yashica fx-3 film camera for free

by Eden » Wed May 01, 2013 12:45 am

I have just purchased a 50 mm ML 1:2 lens for $20 to use as a reverse macro.

stuck on it was a Yashica 35mm fx-3 camera and what appears to be a hard vinyl case

If anyone needs it as spares or to clean up and use I can post a few images

even though the vinyl wrap coating around the camera is deteriorating the camera itself appears to be in great nick ( my guess is it has been sitting in a wardrobe for the last 10 -15 years )

It can be yours for the postage and packaging cost.

cheers eden
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

Re: Yashica fx-3 film camera for free

by Doug » Wed May 01, 2013 8:16 am

If no one wants it to actually use, then hang on to it Eden and I'll take it off you.
    I have a small collection of 35mm's (three so far) just examples of different brands.
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Wed May 01, 2013 10:55 am

If no one actually wants her to use or doesn't need a part ( old 35 on a DSLR Forum ?)
    she will be yours mate with bells on !

Eden
    Last edited by Eden on Wed May 01, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Wed May 01, 2013 11:02 am

I'd make a comment from left of field and say that before you do anything you should perhaps run a roll of film through it while you still can.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Wed May 01, 2013 11:24 am

W G wrote:I'd make a comment from left of field and say that before you do anything you should perhaps run a roll of film through it while you still can.

I wouldn't do the roll of film justice, but I know Doug would so,

As its Doug that is interested I was going to bring it up to my dads block with the lens

Doug if you want the matching Yashica lens for it just see if you can scrounge up a

-manual aperture
    -50mm or wider
    -52 or 58mm threaad (I have a reverse thread for either)
    -and bring a roll of film to the block when you come
    -I will even replace the two small batteries for you so she is ready to run.

food for thought
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 pm

I wasn't really that interested in running a film through it, I have other 35mm here I could do that with if the mood ever took me for old times sake, but thanks anyway.

I just like the look and feel of cameras from the film peroid, it would just sit on a shelf with me, which would be a shame if someone else wanted the useage pleasure out of it.

Walter might be able to feild this trivia question.

Yashica and Contax shared the same lens mounts I am pretty sure, which made Yashica a poor mans platform for you bute Zeiss lemses?
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Wed May 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Maybe it was not as cynical as that Doug,

Kyocera was the parent company of Yashica - and it has to be said that Yashica was no slouch of a marque: in the 60s Yashica introduced the very first electronic shutter in the Electro 35 - and later Kyocera bought the marque Contax. Just where the difference was in terms of quality is anybody's guess.

If memory serves correctly, Contax 35mm reflexes were resurrected by the Rank organization. The cameras were designed by Porshe. By all accounts they were pretty good and incredibly expensive. Kyocera may have seen an opportunity for a less costly chance to avail yourself of the quality.

Under Kyocera, there was also an auto-focus 645 system developed.

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Wed May 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Maybe it was not as cynical as that Doug,

After your post on Kodak bailing out of film, I think the writings on the wall.

I'm sure there will be a smaller market for enthusiasts such as yourself in future.

A bit like how Russia became a source for amplifier tubes when everything went solid state in electronics.

Thanks for the informative answer on Yashica.