Adelaide Meet Up - Saturday 6th April @ City
    evat601

Adelaide Meet Up - Saturday 6th April @ City

by evat601 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:28 am

Hey all,

It's that time again, time for the Adelaide people to meet up for another Photo day after the success of the Port Adelaide visit at the beginning of March.

It will consist of a walk around North Adelaide and the CBD with lots of interesting points:

* Festival Centre (from the other side of the Torrens)
    * Cathedral in North Adelaide
    * Central Markets
    * Museum + University Walkways
    * Victoria Square

Now the only thing to decide is early morning or late afternoon as a start time. I think there are PRO's and CON's to both, so if you are from Adelaide and want to come along, please post your preference (with reasons) below:

Early Morning - PROS
    * Sunrise
    * No limitation for time
    * Limited D-Bags

Early Morning - CONS
    * No daylight savings, so early morning really will be (4 - 5am start)
    * Limited darkness to work with

Later Afternoon - PROS
    * Sunset
    * Unlimited darkness
    * Traffic/people for effect

Later Afternoon - CONS
    * More D-Bags

I'll PM my mobile number once we have some interest, so don't let a specific meeting time restrict you from turning up, you can call me if you are running late on the day to catch up. So let me know what you are thinking and we'll try to come to a final decision.

Edit - It's in April
    Last edited by evat601 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Adelaide Meet Up - Saturday 6th March @ City

by Eden » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi evat601

Saturday "April" 6th would suit me better :lol:

Im easy with early or late , but yes "Very" early would need to be the go and 4am makes sense as the light changes earlier than sunrise

parking will be painful if we need to move by car but if it is a start and finish near the same location it should not be an issue

I will go with the flow and am looking forward to the meet

cheers Eden
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Adelaide Meet Up - Saturday 6th April @ City

by Eden » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Just a quick reply to confirm

sat 6th april at 4 am facing the festival theatre from the other side of the Torrens river as a start point

Im there !

is any one else showing ???

cheers Eden
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:13 am

Yer I'll be there, half asleep :)
    evat601

by evat601 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:57 am

I'm heading into the city today briefly to check out parking hours/restrictions.

It's on for morning (~4 - 4:30 start).

I will post today/tomorrow with map of best places to park and PM with phone numbers...
  • Simsy
    Cadet
    Cadet

by Simsy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:45 am

Sorry guys I have been a little preoccupied lately but I am planning to attend 4am start Adelaide somewhere sounds like fun.

Hey evat601 you want a lift there since we are practically next door.
    evat601

by evat601 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:53 am

So 4:00am it is. After some scoping around I have picked a starting point.

meetingpoint.jpg

Map of where to park (1. War Memorial Drive, east of Montefiore, no parking restrictions on weekends) and approximately where to meet (2. Torrens bank, west of Montefiore).

From there, we can make our way up the banks towards King William Road and see where we go from there.

I will have my mobile on and loud, so if you are running late and need to locate us, give me a ring (PM me for my number).

Any questions? Look forward to seeing you there!!
    evat601

by evat601 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:37 am

Just a final reminder for anyone in Adelaide wanting to meet up with the Usual Suspects (Simsy, Doug (COW Winner two weeks in a row), Eden and I) you're more than welcome.

We will be in Adelaide City and surrounds until at least lunch time (from ~4:00am), so if you find your way there with a Camera give me a call (PM me for my mobile number).

We'd really like some other members to join us as it is a really rewarding day

Check out some images from the last meet up as encouragement!!

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=18697

We're all very :D there's no :grrpsycho:
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:48 am

What a shame I can't justify a trip over fopr this. But I have to say it is refreshing to see a group so well organised and thorough in their communications. Bravo Adelaide.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
  • Simsy
    Cadet
    Cadet

by Simsy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Here is a quick shot from this mornings shoot I cant wait until the boys start to post up theirs from the rest of the day

Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Simsy wrote:Here is a quick shot from this mornings shoot I cant wait until the boys start to post up theirs from the rest of the day

Simsy. I reckon your a legend

crook leg and you still showed ! ( great effort and I think we both had a great learning experience today !!! )

Thanks Evan , Ive learnt more today ( 1 hour) from you than in the month or two of reading the net and the instructions for the 550d !

Today ( or last night/this morning ) was fantastic for me and warranted the instant purchase of the remote switch for this work from this point on.

Doug,,,,,, thanks for the instructional dvd, I personally will devour it and every second of it!

the happy go lucky way that we decide what to do next as we go trough the day is fantastic and I feel that I dont care what is around the next corner and therefore am more than happy to go with the flow because one of us will see worth in every opportunity that arises.

Walter , when you come to lil old Adelaide next "let us know in advance as we will plan a meet around your presence" ( I for one would be honoured to have you along! )

Not going into details yet , but there will be an astronomical meet on the cards ( approved and discussed tonight ) at my fathers property with Murray River lagoon and cliff ( morning fog/mist) shooting on tap (birds and animals abundant) that will be a sleep over.

Any one is welcome and will be treated with the utmost respect at all the SA events,,,,,please, the more the merrier !

please, the more the merrier !

still elated and tired

Eden
    Last edited by Eden on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
  • Simsy
    Cadet
    Cadet

by Simsy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Mate your right about learning heaps this morning was my first serious attempt at night time photography. I learnt how to do low light landscapes, light painting and a couple trick shots(I can't wait to see how some of those turned out). I think our little group is working extremely well and we are bouncing ideas off each other that is opening our photography up to new things that we wouldn't of necessarily tried by ourselves.

I probably had a couple hours still available this morning but unfortunately my leg didn't. I was quit disappointed that I couldn't stay longer but that's the way it goes sometimes.

If anybody else is thinking of joining us on a shoot I say do it like Edan I have learnt heaps while shooting in the group and the more the merrier.

Thanks guys for another fantastic day all be it a short 1 for me.
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:46 pm

here are my few contributions to this mornings learning experience ..

I had a ball!

learnt heaps and bought a shutter remote ( how cool are they )

when you see what the other boys did with light it will open the age old debate that "photography is art" and it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you live in SA and dont get to 1 of our meets its your loss !!!

please become one of the family as it is so worth it unless you are above what we achieve as a group

cheers Eden

meet 2 num (6) by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

meet 2 num (5) by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

meet 2 num (4) by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

meet 2 num (3) by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

meet 2 num (2) by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

meet 2 num (1) by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

before you get too RAW on me bear in mind its my first time that i am in manual mode and no remote to reduce initial movement

what a great way to loose your cherry ( I didnt say that :) )

eden
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
  • Simsy
    Cadet
    Cadet

by Simsy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Mate I noticed that you were shooting in manual in fact I commented to Doug how good it was to see.
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:22 pm

cheers mate ,, the 3rd shot suffers from heaps of shutter press but I was chasing a large row boat and wanted to get its footprint on the water from the oars and not the boat but my heavy little finger is a bit much and ruined the shot for me

im learning and gaining confidence and skill thanks to new teachers,

great morning and a great way to start a day,,

cheers fellas !
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK