Avalon Air Show feb27-march1
  • Simsy
    Cadet
    Cadet

Avalon Air Show feb27-march1

by Simsy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:31 am

Just a passing idea but I thought it would be fun to go to Australia's biggest air show, the dates are as above and at this stage accommodation is still available but im guessing the it wont be for a lot longer. My idea would be to either drive or fly over after work on the friday and return sunday evening. There are a few different accommodation styles from camping to hotels whichever takes your fancy. Anyway its just an idea now but if there is enough interest it could be some fun.
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

Re: Avalon Air Show feb27-march1

by beeb » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Just to play devil's advocate here: As an FYI, whatever they advertise as the main attraction, 99% chance it won't actually be there (going off the last10 years or so anyway from what friends/media have said).
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

Re: Avalon Air Show feb27-march1

by Doug » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:45 pm

I did the Avalon air show 10 or more yrs ago.
    A spare seat came up to fly to the air show in a light air craft for the day.
    On the way over I got to sit in the co pilot seat and hold coarse for about 20 minutes.
    We landed in a paddock air strip beside the show and when we left there was a great view of the traffic leaving backed up for miles.
    The pilot was on his L's so we had to make an unscheduled landing near Murray bridge because we where losing light and he was not allowed to after dark.

I think I would rather preserve that memory rather than do it again like the pleb's do :)
    I don't actually remember anything from the actual show.

If you need an excuse to go to New Zealand, schedule it for the time of the Warbirds over Wanaka air show.
    Its an awesome event that for some reason attracts plane collectors from the other side of the world to come and show their stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szUCejLF0Ho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvL70UZCcTI