Locked 0 posts Page 1 of 1
She's Bolted - NSFW
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

She's Bolted - NSFW

by W G » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:51 pm

— Deleted by Author
    Last edited by W G on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

by JazzXP » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:52 pm

I like this. The two sets of lines are really quite striking!
    Nikon D5000 | Nikkor 18-55 | Nikkor 55-200 | Nikkor 50 f/1.4 | Tokina 12-24 f/4 | OLD Tamron 300mm (CT-300) | Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VRII
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:42 am

— Deleted by Author
    Last edited by W G on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Dalzine
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Dalzine » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:40 pm

Really like that last one.

Dale.
    Will build websites for 'L' glass.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks very much Dale.
    Walter Glover

• K1W1
    Cadet
    Cadet

by K1W1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Shouldn't this thread have a NSFW rider in the title in line with forum conventions?
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

by JazzXP » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:08 pm

K1W1 wrote:Shouldn't this thread have a NSFW rider in the title in line with forum conventions?

Anything in the Glamour and Nude section should be considered NSFW IMO.
    Nikon D5000 | Nikkor 18-55 | Nikkor 55-200 | Nikkor 50 f/1.4 | Tokina 12-24 f/4 | OLD Tamron 300mm (CT-300) | Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VRII
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography
  • K1W1
    Cadet
    Cadet

by K1W1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:20 pm

JazzXP wrote:
    K1W1 wrote:Shouldn't this thread have a NSFW rider in the title in line with forum conventions?

Yes but it shows up in the Active Topics section at the top of the screen and at that point there is no way of knowing what section it is posted in.
    My work web access is unrestricted but I would hate a forum member to get in trouble just because of a simple omission of four letters. I think that it is beholden on people who post these images to consider the position on ANY POTENTIAL viewers.
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:00 pm

JazzXP wrote:

You are both correct, I've added it.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:28 am

K1W1 wrote: I would hate a forum member to get in trouble just because of a simple omission of four letters.

It is deplorable to think that people would be so incredibly unethical as to fritter away their employer's time stuffing about on the internet.

If they have so little respect for the boss then they deserve everything that comes their way.

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

ozjeeper
    Cadet
    Cadet

by ozjeeper » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:12 pm

W G wrote:
    K1W1 wrote: I would hate a forum member to get in trouble just because of a simple omission of four letters.

It is deplorable to think that people would be so incredibly unethical as to fritter away their employer's time stuffing about on the internet.

If they have so little respect for the boss then they deserve everything that comes their way.

Cheers,

Testy post. The NSFW is a universal acronym for "open with caution - adult stuff warning". I will often sit here and browse photography sites and my eldest Grandchild has an interest in taking pics so he may be looking as well.
    The BARE title was "Shes bolted" and nothing else. So I can sit here and unwittingly expose a 10 year old to a nude photo.

Has LITTLE to do with frittering and bosses and I'm a little concerned that you of all people would - and did make a basic protocol error. It's a simple matter of good manners - and ethics, as you point out.

The photos posted were in keeping with this forum - as long as the NSFW was added. Your bad.

As you signed off - cheers!
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:26 pm

ozjeeper wrote: NSFW is a universal acronym for "open with caution - adult stuff warning". Your bad.

As you signed off - cheers!

Do you, in all honesty, think for a moment that I do not know that?

Do you also believe, even for a glimmer of a moment, that having NSFW in the title does not telegraph to a kid where to look first when the olds are not looking?

My involvement here is sporadic to say the least and I am continually reminded of just why that should be.

Cheers, and it seems you may have gathered a copious quantity of foot this time around,
    Walter Glover

• Fusionize
    Cadet
    Cadet

by Fusionize » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:06 pm

W G wrote:
    My involvement here is sporadic to say the least and I am continually reminded of just why that should be.

Walt, this thread has reminded me of why I lost interest. Why on earth does one need to tag anything not safe for work? Do what you are paid to do and stop using employers resources.

Gone are the days of common sense, welcome to the days where a set of breasts is considered offensive.

What a joke.

Walt, in passing comment, love the work you have posted here, I love the way such basic lines cause such clashes over such a soft subject. Beautifully done.

PS: Do you have a studio? Would love to drop by when in Sydney end of next month!
  • Nitnat

by Nitnat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:11 pm

I would often browse a forum or another whilst hastily bolting down lunch at my desk.

I would not open a link with NSFW even though I am being over conscientious and squashing my entitled break just so I can keep up with my workload.

'Frittering' .... it's not all black all the time.

Let's add another sweeping generalisation to this thread as it seems to be the 'in thing' to do.

Old people shouldn't use the internet.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Nitnat wrote:Old people shouldn't use the internet.

Being ageist is not acceptable any more than being racist or any other desriminatory "ist" or "ism".

I choose not to report you, not to the administrators of this site, but to a higher law enforcement authority.

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

Locked 0 posts Page 1 of 1