sony a65 VS canon 60D vs Nikon D3200
  • sakir

sony a65 VS canon 60D vs Nikon D3200

by sakir » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:18 am

I am a new user. I used my cousins old canon DSLR camera.
    now i want one for myself.

my dslr knowledge: Intermediate (6/10)
    subject: mostly nature, landscape...sometimes close-up shot of models
    require: crystal clear photo. I saw some camera cant do it, when u see full size pic or zoom a lil bit, u can see broken pixel. less dpi...i dont want it
    & good shutter speed as i'll take wild life photo also..

Now among those camera (sony a65 VS canon 60D vs Nikon D3200)
    which one shud I get ??

each of them have some advantage & disadvantage.

for example, canon 60D has built-in lens motor for auto focus...others dont. Can someone explain it? Is it so necessary ??

sony a65 offers a lot of features & high megapixel but i saw some sample image, dont really think they r super awesome !!

someone plz suggest me. better if from ur own experience..
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: sony a65 VS canon 60D vs Nikon D3200

by Busiboy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:15 am

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, when you look at an image do you stand back and take in the whole picture or get right in with your magnifying glass and check out the detail? Stop pixel peeping, if you zoom in to 100 percent and beyond they'll all be the same and it's not how you look at the final image. The higher the resolution, the further in you have to zoom to see what you are talking about though.

More often the quality of the image is more to do with the quality of the lenses you purchase, not the body.

Technically, I don't think there is too much between them, maybe go into a store and handle each one and see what feels best?

Just remember, your buying into a system, so check out all the accessories and lenses you think you'll want as well.

I'd seriously look at Sony, what you get in that camera is great value, but their flash system sucks if you intend to use it.

Feel free to share some images, especially ones that you think the camera has let you down, we might be able to better help point you in the right direction.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
    Dalzine
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Dalzine » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:37 am

The 60D does not have a built in focus motor, that's a Nikon thing. Canon lenses have their own focus motor, which means you can put it on any Canon EOS body and it will still autofocus. The exception is the EF-S lens range (the standard lenses are EF). They are designed to work with crop sensor bodies, such as the 60D and can't be mounted to full frame sensor bodies such as the 5D. Most kit lenses for crop bodies are EF-S lenses.

If it was me I would consider getting the canon 650D and spend the difference on better glass or lighting. There's not that much difference between the 650D and the 60D, especially if you're just starting out.

Dale.
    Will build websites for 'L' glass.
  • sakir

by sakir » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:34 pm

now i have something new in my mind..

Nikon d7000

what u think guys?
  • gerry
    Cadet
    Cadet

by gerry » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:15 pm

sakir wrote:now i have something new in my mind..

Nikon d7000

what u think guys?

Its a great camera.
    just coz its the internet does not mean you can act like a dick :)