Welcome to DIGITALSLR!
DIGITALSLR is an international, online community of photographers, from beginners to professionals, film shooters and digital shooters. It is the mission of DIGITALSLR to be an informative, educational, and friendly place to discuss all aspects of photography, as well as a place to share images. The following rules are in place so there can be no misconception regarding the privileges and responsibilities inherent by being a contributing member in this forum.
As a registered member, when posting on DIGITALSLR, you agree to abide by the following rules:
* You are completely responsible for the content of your posts. Upon becoming a member, you agree to hold harmless DIGITALSLR owners and staff regarding any claim based against you from a posted message or forum behavior. Although we guard your privacy on a routine basis and will not disclose confidential information to other members, DIGITALSLR reserves the right to disclose any and all information we may have on you, from your IP address to your actual identity, should a complaint or legal action arise due to posts you have made here.
* Your IP address is recorded with each post, so that in the event of a major infraction of DIGITALSLR rules, your address(es) will be banned as well as your ISP contacted.
* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to DIGITALSLR Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.
* You agree not to post any links or messages that lead to material which could be deemed obscene, discriminatory, unlawful, or threatening in nature by DIGITALSLR Staff. DIGITALSLR Staff reserves the right to edit, delete, or otherwise remove any material which is deemed to be an infraction of this rule, based solely on their discretion.
* Should you disagree with a staff member's decision regarding one of your posts, please contact that staffer, or one of the site owners, privately. Publicly challenging a staff member may result in banning, regardless of who is deemed right. For example: a moderator closes your thread. Opening a new thread on the same topic or to insult or challenge the moderator may lead to your being banned.
* Should a DIGITALSLR Staff member contact you requesting changes in your posts, your signature, your style, or any other comments, you are expected to cooperate completely.
*You understand that DIGITALSLR is NOT a classified advertisement forum.
The buy and sell sections are provided ONLY for the convenience of participating members of the forum.
* You understand that any member who has been registered with DIGITALSLR for less than 10 days, and has fewer than 25 posts, including at least one image posted for review, is not eligible to use the buy and sell sections of the forum.
Any member who abuses this will have the offending post(s) deleted and their membership account terminated
*We have implemented guidelines restricting signature sizes and format. These guidelines not only help the forum pages load more quickly, but also keep signatures from competing for attention with the images contained in each post. Here are the guidelines:
â€¢ Any images used in signatures will be a MAXIMUM size of 150 x 30 pixels and 30kb in size.
â€¢ No political statements or links are allowed.
â€¢ Lengthy lists of camera gear should be put in your user profile, not in your signature.
â€¢ A maximum of 4 images are to posted in any single thread and if needed a link to others from a series.
â€¢ All photos are to be a maximum 1024 pixels long on its longest side and a maximum of 200kb in size.
The forum Moderators and Administrators reserve the right to remove any signature that is not in keeping with the above guidelines, and will notify you if your signature is not in compliance. If you are found to be in violation of signature guidelines, you may lose the ability to set a signature.
DIGITALSLR Posting Manners
We encourage members to comment and critique photo's posted by other members. The main aim of these comments and critiques is to provide positive feedback and encouragement.
* If you do not wish to have other members take your photo and manipulate it and then repost it into your thread then please make this known by placing a "DNPP" into your user profile for everyone to see.
* If you wish to have members take your photo and manipulate it through Post Processing then please make this known by placing a "PPOK" in your user profile.
* It is considered bad manners to "hijack" a thread by a fellow member. The definition of "hijack" in this reference is posting a photo into another members thread that is; "not the photo the thread owner posted and you have post processed in an effort to assist the thread owner" but a photo that maybe similar in topic or subject that thread owner has not taken themselves. Always ask the thread owner if its ok to post your "take" on the photo the thread owner has posted.
*DIGITALSLR prides itself on encouraging friendly and open discourse regarding photography. Personal attacks on any members as well as DIGITALSLR Staff will not be tolerated, and these posts will be deleted and the instigators possibly banned.
*This is primarily an adult forum, though we accept members from the age of 13. Please keep this in mind as you post, particularly if you are engaged in a discussion with a member you do not know. In addition, although casual swearing is tolerated, excessive swearing and abusive language is not tolerated.
* Flaming is not tolerated. Any member who routinely taunts, insults, or engages in any inflammatory, fight-inducing behavior will face banning, and such posts will be edited or removed.
* Spamming is not tolerated. Do not cross-post messages in multiple forums in an effort to gain attention. Furthermore, should it be obvious by your signature or posting style that you are here only to promote your business or product, you may receive a warning or possibly be banned. It is permissible for active, involved members to post links to their personal or business web sites.
* No general politics are allowed. If the political discussion involves photography, it may be allowed. Use common sense when posting anything of a political nature.
* No religious discussions or debates are allowed. Exceptions are only an objective explanation of a religious ceremony that may have been photographed during the course of a wedding shoot, or other photojournalistic event that may require some informative background.
DigitalSLR will not tolerate members/staff who directly or indirectly use racial statements.
A person racially harasses another person if they:
Â· make offensive remarks with racial connotations relating to the other person;
Â· engage in any other unwelcome conduct of a racial nature in relation to the other person.
Racial harassment includes:
Â· making offensive verbal or written statements of a racial nature, either to the person or in his or her presence;
Â· using offensive language, (whether oral or written), visual materials or engaging in physical behaviour of a racially offensive nature likely to have a detrimental effect on persons to whom it is intended to have application.
Direct discrimination occurs when rules, practices or behaviours specifically exclude people or treat people less favourably on the basis of irrelevant personal characteristics. An example of direct discrimination may occur if access to certain benefits is refused on the basis of race.
Indirect discrimination occurs when a rule or condition appears to be neutral and fair but in practice unfairly excludes a person or particular group.
The Commonwealth Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (amended 1992) and the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (amended 1997) (â€œthe Actsâ€