Terrigal beaches
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Terrigal beaches

by Busiboy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:00 am

So I was away over Easter and thought one morning that I'd try some shots.

The weather was terrible so a lot of shots were taken from under cliffs or likewise shlter or as in the last a bloody drop smeared the shot.

As this is in critics corner I'm after some feedback, good bad indifferent. I've tried to explain each shot.

P4081467 by Ornate patesco, on Flickr

I tried here to use the cliff as a lead into the shot, the oof providing the depth.

P4081513 by Ornate patesco, on Flickr

Again here, I tried to use the rock formation as a lead into the shot

P4081520 by Ornate patesco, on Flickr

Again using the rock, this was one of my favorites of the day but in a lot of these shots I struggled getting separation between the white foam and the horizon. I added some pot toning in act to add some mood and help the separation.

P4081537 by Ornate patesco, on Flickr

Using the foreground here, the hot spot through the centre is rain on the lens but malt interested in framing feedback on this.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
    angeladventure

by angeladventure » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:30 pm

I love the last one :)
  • muzza22au

by muzza22au » Mon May 07, 2012 9:17 pm

Ok being new I am unsure if I should comment but du e to lack of responses here goes :).

#1 not sure about the focus point, it makes me look for my glasses so that I can focus on the water puddle in the centre. No real focal point for me that is of interest. Only a small section of cliff is in focus and everything else seems to be slightly out of focus. I would have used the water puddle and the edge of the midway ledge as a lead in to the picture.

#2 Again not sure what the main focal point is. Seems to be too much space on the left hand side, maybe a portrait crop/shot would have worked better?

#3 I find the rock ledge leads me across the photo, and not to anything in particular.

#4 I dont mind the framing of this one, only annoying factor is the pointy rock at the bottom of the image. Maybe cropping above will improve the framing?

Again I am a lot newer to photography so hope I am not treading on your toes. I would expect the same C&C from everyone in here.
    NIKON User

Scott

"Becoming a photographer was not a matter of choice, it was an irresistible compulsion." Steve Parish