Hello from Tasmania
  • HsotnIcM

Hello from Tasmania

by HsotnIcM » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi there,

I'm from Tasmania, and like Firetrev I looked at different forums and kept coming back to this one - I like the look, layout, and how the forum topics/threads are organised.

So here goes my first post!

I've been using an old P&S which decided to take its last photo at the beginning of last year. So 2011 I spend most of it searching, researching and feeling overwhelmed as to which DSLR to get (I think I spent 2 or so months deciding on whether to get a DSLR or another P&S - so glad to go with the DSLR option). My brother pushed me to go Nikon, as he had one, but I ended up with a Canon 600D in the SLK. I am very, VERY happy with it. With my P&S, I loved taking macro photos, mainly of flowers, but if I could manage to get close enough to a bumblebee, that was a bonus. I have used the macro setting with my 18-55mm lens, and xmas last year I decided to buy myself a present - a Canon 60mm Macro lens. I think I spend every day of summer in my garden taking macro shots - correction, LEARNING how to take macro shots. I guess I'm still in the 'beginning photographer' group, only just understanding terms and settings on my camera.

So I thought I needed some help, probably a lot of help :D , and that's when I started looking at forums. I also wanted to join a forum to chat with other photographers, get some tips and tricks of the trade, learn from others, and keep my interest in photography alive (I had a hermit of a winter...)

So that's little old me from Tasmania :)
    DJT
    Reporter
    Reporter

Re: Hello from Tasmania

by DJT » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:11 pm

You should have listenned to your brother.
    Welcome, plenty of friendly advice to be had here.
    Post your pics & ask away.
    David
  • HsotnIcM

by HsotnIcM » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:32 pm

DJT wrote:You should have listenned to your brother.

Haha, yes that's what he says! But where's the fun in that! I did consider the D5100, but ended up the Canon way :)
    ozjeeper
    Cadet
    Cadet

by ozjeeper » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Welcome! I like Waeco..........opps! Same thing - wrong forum! LOL from another lurker & learner.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!