Hi from the Hawkesbury
  • Figgyswife

Hi from the Hawkesbury

by Figgyswife » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi all,
    I have been dabbling in photography for a few years, just mainly taking photos of the family and the pets.. My husband recently brought me a Canon 5d mark 2 with a 24 - 1-5mm lens. This has really boosted my desire to do so much more in photography. The last two weekend evenings have been spent in the city taking photos of the stunning Harbour bridge and Opera house..

I am having fun using this camera and am looking forward to learning so much more.. I would have to say that I don't fully know what sort of photography I want to concentrate on, I love taking landscape photos and photos of my family and our pets..

I am hoping through learning more it will boost my confidence and help me to not feel self conscious when I go to take my camera out to take photos. :paparrazi:

Cathy
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Re: Hi from the Hawkesbury

by LOZ » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi Cathy

Welcome to the rat-house :wink: Lovely area you live in plenty to photograph so post up soon and enjoy you stay
    Calm down its not real life its a internet forum:)
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:04 pm

And, IF you come down for a meet and greet, be sure to bring a sack of oysters with you. Loz is expert at shucking them.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi

Penrith local here
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:04 am

Hi Cathy ,
    your hubby is a good fella !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait to see some pics.

what a nice set up you have with the 5d2 and a choice lens

snap away
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:20 am

Welcome Cathy.

I am hoping through learning more it will boost my confidence and help me to not feel self conscious when I go to take my camera out to take photos.

It can feel a bit conspicuous at times out in public with a DSLR.
    Snap a couple off at the first opportunity is my advise, before you know it you are so lost in what you are doing that photographing shadows on a wall or a door knob seems completely normal. :)
  • Figgyswife

by Figgyswife » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:21 am

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your warm welcome.

W G wrote:And, IF you come down for a meet and greet, be sure to bring a sack of oysters with you. Loz is expert at shucking them.

Sorry Walter, don't live that far up the Hawkesbury, (my hubby wishes we did, not sure he would share any oysters :doubt:) I am closer to Windsor.
    Count me in on the next meet and greet.

Thanks Eden, hubby is a very good fella, he knows I would have never brought myself a new camera so he did it for me, he also enjoys coming with me when I go out to take photos and even carries my tripod etc..

So true Doug, I do get lost in taking photos, it is more the setting up and starting, but once started yes photographing those shadows on the wall and that door seem completely normal. :lol:

Will post some photos up soon..

Cathy
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:27 am

Figgyswife wrote:I am closer to Windsor.

I could see sense in the mountain coming to Muhammad — we could all (those interested, at least) meet up near Windsor or Wiseman's Ferry and have a fossick about. There are many spots in the area that I have shot at previously and I have only scraped the surface. Ebenezer, the Old Norther Road, remnants of Macquarie throughout the area.

I wonder if Sydney can show some of the communal ability that Adelaide has shown of late?

And no reason at all to leave Figgy out of the equation, at all.

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:36 pm

W G wrote:
    Figgyswife wrote:I am closer to Windsor.

I could see sense in the mountain coming to Muhammad — we could all (those interested, at least) meet up near Windsor or Wiseman's Ferry and have a fossick about. There are many spots in the area that I have shot at previously and I have only scraped the surface. Ebenezer, the Old Norther Road, remnants of Macquarie throughout the area.

I wonder if Sydney can show some of the communal ability that Adelaide has shown of late?

And no reason at all to leave Figgy out of the equation, at all.

Cheers,

He could carry my tripod too?

I think we are overdue for a meet, greet and shoot in Sydney, I'd be keen to tag along.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
  • Figgyswife

by Figgyswife » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Busiboy wrote:,

He could carry my tripod too?

I think we are overdue for a meet, greet and shoot in Sydney, I'd be keen to tag along.[/quote]

I am sure he could be persuaded for a small fee.. :lol: Food is also a good motivator for him...

I am up for a meet and greet..