hey everyone, Chris here from Epic Photography
  • Spam Photography

hey everyone, Chris here from Epic Photography

by Spam Photography » Tue May 05, 2015 8:43 am

Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to introduce myself!! Chris here from Epic Photography in Melbourne!
    I'm a professional wedding photographer, been in the industry for about 10 years and have recently decided to start a blog giving wedding photography tips and advice. Amazingly it has taken off, with 12500 unique visitors this month (for my tips page). I wish I had that many brides looking at my site instead of photographer enthusiasts! :)
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

Re: hey everyone, Chris here from Epic Photography

by Doug » Tue May 05, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi Chris
    Of the four Aussie photographic forums i keep an interest in, you have joined all of them in the past few weeks with first posts about your photography business and blog.
    On one of these forums I have noticed you have settled into some less self serving postings, hope that becomes the case here also.

We are more interested in getting to know Chris, than Chris from Epic Photography
    Welcome aboard.
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Wed May 06, 2015 8:12 am

I use Canon gear and ONLY use zoom lenses.

EPIC :lol:
    Calm down its not real life its a internet forum:)
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Wed May 06, 2015 8:26 am

I owned a Canon zoom once, for about 5 minutes. I looked at the results and swapped it straight back.

How ya doin' Los?
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Wed May 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Doug wrote:We are more interested in getting to know Chris, than Chris from Epic Photography.

Welcome Chris, though I would have to echo the above comment. Love to see and discuss photos, but I'm not as interested in seeing promotional material.

Don't mind the other two, they're not really really ones for welcoming new members.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Thu May 07, 2015 4:06 am

beeb wrote:
    Doug wrote:Don't mind the other two, they're not really really ones for welcoming new members.

Beeb,

I do not believe that your statement is entirely true.

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Thu May 07, 2015 10:10 pm

I would like to echo Dougs sentiments to start with.

that aside,

this isn't to my liking but I am not your target audience or market.

I have asked my wife and Daughter their thoughts on these shots ( the other thread also, "Your short leg shot" :) as well as the "we like to watch shot")

they really liked them and its the girls you are trying to satisfy, is it not?

the artificial lighting shadows in the "we like to watch shot" throw 2 differing angles of shadow, not counting the planned sun squelch from above. ( bottom left source and centre top)

I am very much the beginner so its only my dumb 2 cents worth but I would rather heavily diffused light from the front and something out of frame on the left to give the appearance of the shadow caused by that squelch of sunlight.

and with the stage smoked short legged shot that my girls liked so much my only gripe is the 2 stupid lights on the back wall one of witch glares out the man that is paying half your invoice.

that's my 2 cents worth if your interested anyhow , You asked!

I hope to see you contribute on a non business level also so we might get to know whom Chris is.

( this might be the most honest forum you ever come across if we get to know you first! )

Cheers Eden

( I'm still new so above is only my opinion! )
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK