Tintagel Slate Fortifications
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Tintagel Slate Fortifications

by W G » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:11 am

I was rummaging about looking for a file and stumbled across this. It is a view through the fortifications on the island of Tintagel across to the major fortification on the mainland. Some day soon I hope to dig out the rest of the 4x5 negs I shot around England but this will have to serve me as a motivation for now.

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Re: Tintagel Slate Fortifications

by W G » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:20 pm

I have given this a BUMP in the light of recent Brit posts by Geoff.

Over that far west there is a bit of pirate-speak.

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    GeoffM
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by GeoffM » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Missed this one Walter. Wonderful, just wonderful.

I nearly bought a house in Delabole, known for its slate mines, about 5 miles from Tintagel, thankfully the purchase fell through!
    Fuji | X-Pro1 | XE-1 | XT-1 | XF14 | XF23 | XF27 | XF35 | XF56 | XF60 | XF10-24 | XF18-55 | XF55-200 | MCEX-11

http://gmarshall.zenfolio.com
    http://xtographer.weebly.com
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:26 am

Thanks Geoff,

The on;y disappointment for me at Tintagel was the lousy pasties. I had so looked forward to the genuine article but the one I bought was not even worth finishing. I hope the gulls enjoyed it.
    Walter Glover

Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:00 pm

There are definitely some structures in the older part of the world we just don't find here (unless you know where to hunt them down in the middle of nowhere)

Thanks for sharing, I'm heading to the US in a month, I doubt I'll find anything like this, but I'm sure I'll find some different scenery to hack and shoot and make a mess of :D
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:45 am

Is this the US trip that you have been planning for a while. A bit of travel and new views will do wonders for the soul.
    Walter Glover

Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:10 pm

It is Walter, as usual I am trying to work out how I can cover more than I should in a fraction of the time is deserves but such is life, I'll be travelling Solo though so that should make some more time available.

If anyone else cares and I apologise for the Hijack, I'll be flying into Vegas, spending a few days there (co-incidnetly WPPI is on at the same time, but not what I'm there for), then getting a car, driving up through Utah (Zion & Moab) then up to Denver, a bit of time in Denver, then fly to NYC for a few days, thinking about Niagara and then I fly home. All that in 12 days on the ground.

Hoping to get some cool images from Utah particularly and the rest of the trip.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott