Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

In search of a Mojo missing in action.

by W G » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:51 pm

Incorporated industrial folly

And closer.

Shaded foliage
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: In search of a Mojo missing in action.

by Busiboy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:39 pm

I know the feeling, thanks for sharing, I like the structure in the first 2, the 3rd is a quirky street scene for sure.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Great to see you posting more of your images.
    There is always something to take away from them.
    Loving the charm of the last one particularly.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Thanks guys.

The drive is there but things like mechanical issues with the car and other things eating into my free time make the going tough at the moment.

Just got the car back today from another $1095 trip to the mechanic. Maybe I'll get a run now?

Also turning a lot of gear around. I just have the Sinar at the moment and, as precise as it is, it is a Swiss camera devoid of soul (did I say Swiss).

Chasing something more 'personable' like a wooden folder. Even having thoughts of a twin lens Rollei ..... but crikey, they've retained their value!!

Poor workman blames his tools, I know, but the relationship between the man and the machine is pivotal to what one produces.

My favourite American model will be here in a couple of weeks and that might prompt something, too.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:20 am

Car trouble, don't you hate it.
    I bought a second hand car a while ago and a week or so later the auto trans fluffed its lol.
    I could have bought two lenses for the cost of the bill from that.

Poor workman blames his tools, I know, but the relationship between the man and the machine is pivotal to what one produces.

I can get that.
    Using a car analogy, driving a classic Aston Martin will put you in a different head space to driving a Datsun 120Y.
    It could become an expensive road to nowhere and dissatisfaction to rely on that too much though, if the simple act of taking pictures is not stimulus enough to fall back on.
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:32 am

Doug wrote:It could become an expensive road to nowhere and dissatisfaction to rely on that too much though, if the simple act of taking pictures is not stimulus enough to fall back on.

I hear you Doug,

And to use the old analogy, 'a good photographer could turn out great shots on an Agfa Clack'. But there is a point at which a lot of the output is the product of what you bring to the party — psychologically and equipment-wise.

When one has produced (as opposed to taken) a couple of million pictures in the course of a lifetime at the cable release the drive does shift a notch or two. And PURPOSE also has a fair bit to do with it. When I was going out daily to photograph the built environment for architects, builders, designers and property developers for handsome reward, I though nothing of schlepping the Sinar (and not just an F2 but a P2). But as a recreational pursuit the effort expended becomes weighted in the equation, especially as age takes its toll. The legs are not as good as they once may have been and discussions with the podiatrist about using a walking cane are well underway.

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:28 am

But as a recreational pursuit the effort expended becomes weighted in the equation, especially as age takes its toll. The legs are not as good as they once may have been and discussions with the podiatrist about using a walking cane are well underway.

Yes well that's a bit different.
    You don't want going to take pictures to feel like a strenuous chore before you even start.
    Particularly as you now have the chance to really enjoy the activity as a pass time.
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:32 am

It is not the format that you use that I like Walter (even though film is unique) but the subject matter and the contrast you find within the image that I like.

Whatever eventuates in regard to your immediate mobility needs I personally hope you eventually have an image recording device that you are comfortable with that revives the Mojo and pleases your soul.

You have a fantastic eye for the quaint and quirky that appears from the norm that most pass bye on their blind paths to and from daily life.

Lets hope the walking cane comes with a Ball Head and Quick release if you mast have it!

Eden
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK