KW Art nude NSFW
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

KW Art nude NSFW

by Busiboy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:03 pm

My other shoot today. I’ll keep the blurb to a minimum to see how these land. C&C please.

PA140188 by Shottphotos, on Flickr

PA140113 by Shottphotos, on Flickr

PA140088 by Shottphotos, on Flickr
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
    ozjeeper
    Cadet
    Cadet

by ozjeeper » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:08 pm

From a total newbie, none of these work for me. Sorry but, if you where to put some clothes on this very lovely lady and do the same shoot - would it work?

The play with shadows is insipid in 1 and 2. No highlights. Number 3 is flat as a tack - and she has red knees....

I could do no better and you did ask for crits.....I should ask "whats the brief" before I crit....

cheers

Ross
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:26 am

Scott,

Well done.

With the last one I would prefer less floor so that KW lies lower in the frame.

Another small point ..... I find the face somewhat expressionless and unchanging from scene to scene. I appreciate that you are not aspiring to lad's mag crap in these but there can be subtle expression that can enhance the narrative of these nudes.

Another point with the reclining pic is that it has become a tad greyhound in the ribs department which sometimes doesn't appeal too broadly. A tip with reclining poses (clothed or in the nuddy) is to slightly arch the back to give an energy and to provide a chink of light between body and floor.

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

by JazzXP » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:35 am

I'm loving the shape to the second one (my pick of the three), but I'm not a fan of her armpit in it.
    Nikon D5000 | Nikkor 18-55 | Nikkor 55-200 | Nikkor 50 f/1.4 | Tokina 12-24 f/4 | OLD Tamron 300mm (CT-300) | Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VRII
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography
    Dug
    Senior Photojournalist
    Senior Photojournalist

by Dug » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Very attractive model

I hope you paid her enough so she can have a decent feed and put on some weight soon !

I quite like them all the lighting and posing are Ok

top one I would crop the blank space on the left and include more on the right ( the cropped shadow is disrupting for me )

middle the belly piercing is distracting

The last the shoulder could probably be a bit more relaxed and GIVE THE POOR GIRL SOME FOOD !!! :lol:
    "Photography to the amateur is recreation, to the professional it is work, and hard work too, no matter how pleasurable it may be."

Edward Weston

( Total NIKON bigot )

PPOK
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by W G » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:06 pm

Dug wrote:I hope you paid her enough so she can have a decent feed and put on some weight soon !

Perhaps you'd have preferred the damsel that I shot yesterday Dug. She weighs in at 157kg - strewth, that's even more than me!

Cheers,
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    heartyfisher
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by heartyfisher » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:46 am

Nice I like the second one the shadow adds to the image as a whole. .. but the colours seem a bit off in all the shots.. a bit yellow/over saturated? or is it fake tan showing .. dunno....
    Moments of Light : D7K D610 18-200 150 12-24 24-70 70-200 + C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:20 am

heartyfisher wrote:Nice I like the second one the shadow adds to the image as a whole. .. but the colours seem a bit off in all the shots.. a bit yellow/over saturated? or is it fake tan showing .. dunno....

Fake tan it is, I balanced the white between a preset for flash and the background.

Thanks for the comment
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott