Dora Miller - NSFW
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

Dora Miller - NSFW

by JazzXP » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:18 pm

I had a great opportunity to work with the very popular Model Mayhem model Dora Miller. At 47 years old, she's looking very fine. 5 kids, 10 grandkids and I reckon she looks younger than I do! And yep, she's heard the term GILF way too many times. :)

Dora Fashion by JazzXP, on Flickr

Dora on the beach by JazzXP, on Flickr
    Nikon D5000 | Nikkor 18-55 | Nikkor 55-200 | Nikkor 50 f/1.4 | Tokina 12-24 f/4 | OLD Tamron 300mm (CT-300) | Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VRII
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:15 pm

A good looking grandmother there, I like the change in style with the first for you, the second is up to your usual high standard.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

by JazzXP » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Busiboy wrote:A good looking grandmother there, I like the change in style with the first for you, the second is up to your usual high standard.

Thanks. Yeah, was fun shooting something totally different for a change. Natural light and fashion. Shock Horror! Probably going to do a bit more of it this year (possibly tomorrow if the situation presents itself).

I absolutely love how the hat diffused the light on her face (in a number of other photos too).

Second photo, yep, my usual stuff, love it! :D

Was fantastic having such an awesome beach that was deserted so we could do whatever we wanted (did quite a few nudes while we were there both under strobes and natural light).
    Nikon D5000 | Nikkor 18-55 | Nikkor 55-200 | Nikkor 50 f/1.4 | Tokina 12-24 f/4 | OLD Tamron 300mm (CT-300) | Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VRII
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

by JazzXP » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:36 am

More Dora

Dora See Through by JazzXP, on Flickr

Dora Cave by JazzXP, on Flickr
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:43 am

I'm going to jump in and give some blunt feedback here Sam.

I find the lighting on the second and third shots much too harsh, probably quite overlit to my tastes too. It's not a massive fault on your part - it's partly that her body is absolutely rock-hard. You can see she works hard to keep fit, but the lighting adds to that sense that she'd be hard-to-the-touch, doesn't leave her looking at all feminine IMO (the plastic boobs don't help).

The other thing that jumps out at me, is in the bikini shot it looks like her head is tucked into her armpit, and as such is heavily shaded - I know what you were going for but probably just pulled the shutter button a fraction too early (before her head started to move forward again...).

On the other hand, I really like the first shot - the natural lighting works brilliantly to create a zig-zagged splash of light over her (from the hat down over her 'curves'). It's very inticing, and the sense of implied (sexual) confidence actually makes it seem more 'risque' than the bikini/sheer shots.

I wonder have you considered doing some semi-silhouette shots when you're shooting? I think they would've worked really well with this model - It's when the hard body comes into its own IMO, as it's much nicer to look at outlined smooth curves than cellulite and fat rolls... :lol:

Anyway - as I always stress - I'm no pro, and have bugger-all experience with shooting glamour and nudes, but I am a bit of a voyuer, so I've based my thoughts on that! :wink:
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

by JazzXP » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:46 pm

beeb wrote:I'm going to jump in and give some blunt feedback here Sam.

I find the lighting on the second and third shots much too harsh, probably quite overlit to my tastes too. It's not a massive fault on your part - it's partly that her body is absolutely rock-hard. You can see she works hard to keep fit, but the lighting adds to that sense that she'd be hard-to-the-touch, doesn't leave her looking at all feminine IMO (the plastic boobs don't help).

The other thing that jumps out at me, is in the bikini shot it looks like her head is tucked into her armpit, and as such is heavily shaded - I know what you were going for but probably just pulled the shutter button a fraction too early (before her head started to move forward again...).

On the other hand, I really like the first shot - the natural lighting works brilliantly to create a zig-zagged splash of light over her (from the hat down over her 'curves'). It's very inticing, and the sense of implied (sexual) confidence actually makes it seem more 'risque' than the bikini/sheer shots.

I wonder have you considered doing some semi-silhouette shots when you're shooting? I think they would've worked really well with this model - It's when the hard body comes into its own IMO, as it's much nicer to look at outlined smooth curves than cellulite and fat rolls... :lol:

Anyway - as I always stress - I'm no pro, and have bugger-all experience with shooting glamour and nudes, but I am a bit of a voyuer, so I've based my thoughts on that! :wink:

Thanks for your feedback. This is exactly the sort of critique I need to hear. I actually was going to do some silhouette shots while doing this, but unfortunately at the time, I forgot - Dora can be quite distracting :lol:

Yeah, I love the natural light fashion image. More to come from that set soon :)
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:49 pm

No worries mate, glad I didn't tread on any toes... :wink: