Ashley O'Shea (NSFW - just)
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

Ashley O'Shea (NSFW - just)

by JazzXP » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the G&N section or People as it's more a fashion shoot, but a small amount of nudity won the day.

Ashley Fashion by JazzXP, on Flickr

Ashley by JazzXP, on Flickr

Ashley by JazzXP, on Flickr
    Nikon D5000 | Nikkor 18-55 | Nikkor 55-200 | Nikkor 50 f/1.4 | Tokina 12-24 f/4 | OLD Tamron 300mm (CT-300) | Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VRII
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography
    Remorhaz
    Cadet
    Cadet

by Remorhaz » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:48 am

Sam - #2 for me. There's a small patch of bright area just near the lower hand and I'm not 100% sure about the top of the step being at neck level - I love that textured oof area at the top but it could have been maybe 1 or 2 steps lower (model 1 or 2 steps higher)?
    D7000,D90,8-16/4.5-5.6,12-24/4,17-50/2.8,18-200/3.5-5.6,50/1.4,90/2.8 Macro,70-200/2.8,70-300/4.5-5.6,SB-900&600,Sirui N2204+K20x,Manfrotto 190+488,Benro MC-91+BH-1
    Rodney - My Photo Blog
    PPOK
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

by JazzXP » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 am

Remorhaz wrote:Sam - #2 for me. There's a small patch of bright area just near the lower hand and I'm not 100% sure about the top of the step being at neck level - I love that textured oof area at the top but it could have been maybe 1 or 2 steps lower (model 1 or 2 steps higher)?

Yeah, I wanted her a step or two down, but she kept moving, haha! That said, I think with the big hair, I can get away with it a little more than if her hair was say, tied back and the step cutting through her neck.
    Nikon D5000 | Nikkor 18-55 | Nikkor 55-200 | Nikkor 50 f/1.4 | Tokina 12-24 f/4 | OLD Tamron 300mm (CT-300) | Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VRII
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography
    heartyfisher
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by heartyfisher » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:02 am

#2 for me too .. really very nice!

Re the step.. I think its perfect where it is.. the top of the stairs line up with the lips and draws attention to her very nice lips. really like the background too.. the top bit with the soft homogenous mushiness contrast swell with the pattern of the steps as the lines get harder and harder the lower it goes. Very nice !

PS .. maybe try a bit of "transform/perspective" to level the bottom stairs.
    PPS .. also the skin on the hands seem a bit too rough in contrast to the rest of her smooth face and torso..

PPPS : really like the colour tones of the background matching her hair and skin.
    Moments of Light : D7K D610 18-200 150 12-24 24-70 70-200 + C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

by JazzXP » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:04 pm

heartyfisher wrote:#2 for me too .. really very nice!

Re the step.. I think its perfect where it is.. the top of the stairs line up with the lips and draws attention to her very nice lips. really like the background too.. the top bit with the soft homogenous mushiness contrast swell with the pattern of the steps as the lines get harder and harder the lower it goes. Very nice !

PS .. maybe try a bit of "transform/perspective" to level the bottom stairs.
    PPS .. also the skin on the hands seem a bit too rough in contrast to the rest of her smooth face and torso..

PPPS : really like the colour tones of the background matching her hair and skin.

I might have a bit of a play around with the transform/perspective tools and have a bit more of a look at her hands... when I get time, :lol: (yep, very short on that at the moment!)
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Your work has improved in leaps and bounds since you first started here.

I love all three shots, I picked the highlight as well, you've used the jacket and body as a scrim for the rest of teh shot, just that small patch stands out, its no big issue but it is noticable.

The first one is very nicely done

The last is very nice as well, what lens did you use for that one? Did you mess with the Bokeh or is that out of the camera?

The 2nd one has the best connection for me, with the expression in the first and last not as strong.

To chance my hand at the interpretive side, I stand to be corrected and no doubt someone will, for me you have a great model, a technically correct exposed framed shot. But they are of a pretty girl at a location, not of something, not sure if you want to push that envelope, but this is why I find myself drifting away from glamour and fashion stuff, with my head full of work and baby stuff I just don't seem to have time to be creative these days to come up with a model, location and scene/setting to justify the effort.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
    JazzXP
    Cadet
    Cadet

by JazzXP » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Busiboy wrote:Your work has improved in leaps and bounds since you first started here.

I love all three shots, I picked the highlight as well, you've used the jacket and body as a scrim for the rest of teh shot, just that small patch stands out, its no big issue but it is noticable.

The first one is very nicely done

The last is very nice as well, what lens did you use for that one? Did you mess with the Bokeh or is that out of the camera?

The 2nd one has the best connection for me, with the expression in the first and last not as strong.

To chance my hand at the interpretive side, I stand to be corrected and no doubt someone will, for me you have a great model, a technically correct exposed framed shot. But they are of a pretty girl at a location, not of something, not sure if you want to push that envelope, but this is why I find myself drifting away from glamour and fashion stuff, with my head full of work and baby stuff I just don't seem to have time to be creative these days to come up with a model, location and scene/setting to justify the effort.

Thanks. I feel like I've taken a big step forward this year alone.

All of the shots were taken with my 70-200 f/2.8, it's just that last shot is done in natural light, so was shot at 2.8 (whereas the others I think were f/11). The bokeh hasn't been manipulated at all.

It's quite funny, the first shot is actually a bit of an outtake while we were warming up and getting in the zone. At least the jacket being as open as it was anyway. It's a shot we both really liked however.

Yeah, you're right, it's pretty much a pretty girl at a location that looked nice. It was her idea to shoot there, and up until the makeup was finished, I had no idea on her outfits! That said, I'm of the belief that not every photo has to have a story. I do enjoy just shooting a pretty girl. It is nice to have a story every now and again, but I'm not quite at that stage in my head yet. I'm more in a technical headspace than an artistic one (something I am trying to overcome however).

Anyway, another few from the afternoon.

Ashley crouched by JazzXP, on Flickr

Ashley Wall by JazzXP, on Flickr

Not entirely happy with this next one. I think the bushes kind of mess it up a bit, we probably should have moved location. I'm still getting used to shooting silhouettes, so I was more concentrating on the pose rather than the background as that was my big problem last time I shot one.

Ashley Silhouette by JazzXP, on Flickr
    General Photography
    Glamour Photography