Mendenhall Glacier National Park Juneau Alaska
  • Simsy
    Cadet
    Cadet

Mendenhall Glacier National Park Juneau Alaska

by Simsy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:41 am

Well I'm finally home from our trip to the USA, the big problem is I have around 3000 photos to go through so where to start? I guess this is as good as any other place to start as I really enjoyed this park. Mendenhall Glacier National Park is found just outside the city of Juneau (pronounced Juno) Juneau is the capital of Alaska, I find that kinda strange as the city has only 1 main road and that goes nowhere it ends a few miles each side of town, the only access is via boat or plane. Anyway the park, the park is part of the largest forest is the USA and is home to the Mendenhall Glacier. There are many walking trails and the place is just amazing to see, walked from the car park on an easy 5 mile trail that took in the forest a couple creeks full of Salmon a few waterfalls and the glacier its self. So to start with here are a couple shots of 1 of the waterfall,s on the way to the glacier, Both taken on my Sony nex f3 with an 18-55 kit lens both shots were hand held with the aid of a bridge rail.

Wide shot with a slight crop to remove some of the green

Tighter shot no crop
  • Simsy
    Cadet
    Cadet

Re: Mendenhall Glacier National Park Juneau Alaska

by Simsy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:16 am

Here are a few shots of the forest just to give an idea of what its like there

Moss monster

Hanging moss

Meandering path
  • Simsy
    Cadet
    Cadet

by Simsy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:36 am

This was what the walk was all for the Medenhall Glacier

Iceberg

The Glacier

and again
  • Simsy
    Cadet
    Cadet

by Simsy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:41 am

The last couple shots from the park, these are a couple of the locals we met on the trail, these aren't the best shots but they serve a purpose for the thread.

A Black bear in a tree eating a Salmon I couldn't get a better angle in case we upset him

A porcupine and I don't know why it was up a tree but it was.