Zoo meet -Doug
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

Zoo meet -Doug

by Doug » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:20 pm

I had a couple of themes I wanted to explore on the day, but constructing images in your head and what is actually there can be two different things.

So here instead is an eclectic mix of what took my fancy on the day.

Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

Re: Zoo meet -Doug

by Doug » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Plays with Light » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:34 pm

The lowdown perspective on the path and the colour of the Canna's grab me from this lot, Doug. Hope a good day was had. I'm pretty miffed that we had to miss it, but that's my issue to deal with!
    Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
    evat601

by evat601 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:38 am

I really enjoy your B&W conversion of the Meerkat, with the brighter hair tips and darker body they really stand out.

I have to ask, did you crop out the spire of the house? Having shot the house as well it was the first thing I noticed.....
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:05 pm

I have to ask, did you crop out the spire of the house? Having shot the house as well it was the first thing I noticed.....

There was most of the spire from the in camera shot but not all. I was concentrating on getting the fountain as large as I could in the frame @24mm which is why the crop on the building is so tight.
    Then a bit of post edit rotation lost a bit more off the spire to average out the verticals.

Thinking about it I could have got as close to the fountain as I really wanted to with four stitched images and freed up the cropping options.
    I don't mind how it has turned out though with the bulk of the house filling the frame, having additional sky to fully include the spire might shift the focus of attention a little and lower the impact, it is hard to say.

Being four times longer than is show here it is a prominent feature of the building and in your whole house and surrounds shot it would definitely look out of place to not include it all.
    Where as I have 2/3 of the house and the fountain maybe not the full subject of the picture, it is something I would not want to draw attention away from.
    evat601

by evat601 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Doug wrote:There was most of the spire from the in camera shot but not all. I was concentrating on getting the fountain as large as I could in the frame @24mm which is why the crop on the building is so tight.
    Then a bit of post edit rotation lost a bit more off the spire to average out the verticals.

Thinking about it I could have got as close to the fountain as I really wanted to with four stitched images and freed up the cropping options.
    I don't mind how it has turned out though with the bulk of the house filling the frame, having additional sky to fully include the spire might shift the focus of attention a little and lower the impact, it is hard to say.

Being four times longer than is show here it is a prominent feature of the building and in your whole house and surrounds shot it would definitely look out of place to not include it all.
    Where as I have 2/3 of the house and the fountain maybe not the full subject of the picture, it is something I would not want to draw attention away from.

Good answer!! :)

I love the insight in to why people do (or don't do) the things they do. No right or wrong answers, just explanations. Thanks for taking the time!