Apollo Bay and surrounds
  • Mattyp

Apollo Bay and surrounds

by Mattyp » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:00 pm

So last weekend we decided to escape melbournes 40+ swelter and head down the coast for a swim. Turns out the weather was much cooler than expected and we had to change some plans. Wish i had've done some more research as i missed alot of great places along the way. But guess there's always next time.

We stopped in at some beaches along the way as it progressively got cooler as we headed south,
    Eastern View Beach

After sorting our accomodation we went for a walk and then got a nice surprise heading up to the lookout.

Early Dusk over Apollo Bay

The Next day Antarctica sent us some wind and temperatures hovered around 18, so we made the trip down the shipwreck coast and stopped in at The General Store in Princetown

Also met a furry friend

And a wise old goat,

Then Fought with the crowds to get a photo of some Rocks.

Thanks for looking.
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Apollo Bay and surrounds

by Eden » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:52 pm

I really like the shot of the limestone stacks (12 apostles ?) and the detail in them with what appears to be a great vantage point.

The general store is pretty nice for me also with its rusty galv.

thanks for sharing and the info as well.

eden
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
  • Mattyp

Re: Apollo Bay and surrounds

by Mattyp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Thanks Eden,
    Yes that is the 12 Apostles looking East from the lookout. The beach access is at Gibsons Steps but we could not even park close yet alone wait in the queue of down the narrow steps. Perhaps best to visit during a quieter time.