Abandoned
  • User avatar
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1354
    Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:34 pm
    Location: Lost In Thought
    Contact:

    Abandoned

    by Plays with Light » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:22 am

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Image
    Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
  • User avatar
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Posts: 1431
    Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:26 pm
    Location: Adelaide
    Contact:

    Re: Abandoned

    by Eden » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:58 pm

    lovely Alex!

    they all have appeal for me!

    Walking past the main road commercial frontage would not give away the state of the buildings contents

    I especially love the owl in the last (responsible for all the poo no doubt! :lol: )

    eden
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

    PPOK
  • User avatar
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1831
    Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:49 pm
    Location: Adelaide
    Contact:

    Re: Abandoned

    by Doug » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:47 pm

    Nice set Alex.
    The memory of the smell of pigeon poo is flooding back.
    I saw you thinking out the floppy disc shot, is it about the format being as dead as the bone beside them.

    My fav also is the last one with the owl in it.
    Worth a revisit when you get beck to the Port. I can imagine the sun coming though the hole in the roof adding another dimension to it.
  • Simsy
    Cadet
    Cadet
    Posts: 387
    Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 pm
    Contact:

    Re: Abandoned

    by Simsy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:57 pm

    yep the sun hitting that poo that's exactly what that place needs WARM POO Smell LOL
  • User avatar
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1354
    Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:34 pm
    Location: Lost In Thought
    Contact:

    Re: Abandoned

    by Plays with Light » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:11 pm

    Eden wrote:lovely Alex!

    they all have appeal for me!

    Walking past the main road commercial frontage would not give away the state of the buildings contents

    I especially love the owl in the last (responsible for all the poo no doubt! :lol: )

    eden


    Dunno that lovely is the term I would have used, but thanks, Eden.

    The owl is quite hilarious to me.
    Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
  • User avatar
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1354
    Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:34 pm
    Location: Lost In Thought
    Contact:

    Re: Abandoned

    by Plays with Light » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:21 pm

    Doug wrote:Nice set Alex.
    The memory of the smell of pigeon poo is flooding back.
    I saw you thinking out the floppy disc shot, is it about the format being as dead as the bone beside them.

    My fav also is the last one with the owl in it.
    Worth a revisit when you get beck to the Port. I can imagine the sun coming though the hole in the roof adding another dimension to it.


    That was a great gem of a place for Eden to share with us all.

    The pigeon bone was placed there in that spot by me so as to add some context of end of life for both the place, its new inhabitants and the old technology. I was really hoping to find a whole pigeon carcass, but no such luck...
    Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
  • User avatar
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1354
    Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:34 pm
    Location: Lost In Thought
    Contact:

    Re: Abandoned

    by Plays with Light » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:23 pm

    Simsy wrote:yep the sun hitting that poo that's exactly what that place needs WARM POO Smell LOL


    It's good shit for the garden you know! Especially all dried and seasoned like that lot was.
    Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
  • Simsy
    Cadet
    Cadet
    Posts: 387
    Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 pm
    Contact:

    Re: Abandoned

    by Simsy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:29 pm

    That must be why my garden is all dead because I don't give a s#%t not even pigeon style

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest