Pea Soup
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

Pea Soup

by Plays with Light » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Went and took the mutts for a walk down at the local beach this morning and was greeted with a fantastic "pea soup" type fog cover! Wished I had the DSLR with me to capture the mood, the iPhone didn't do too bad a job of it though. Also wished I had have been there earlier, as it was clearing rapidly upon our arrival.

You may remember a long exposure I took down here, maybe a couple of months ago, with some giant sandbags in the water, which acted as a break for the surf life savers to launch beside. It's nearly all gone! Apparently with no intentions of replacing it either...

Anyway, here are a few pictures from this morning, with the "selenium" treatment courtesy of Lightroom's inbuilt filter. I've probably been too heavy handed with the vignetting, but I like it.

Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

Re: Pea Soup

by beeb » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:58 pm

Damn this signature of yours! :lol:

Plays with Light wrote:Please don't nominate any of my images for the COW, thanks.

I like #4 for it's balance, and the simple tone palette of the black trees and railings on the soft blue/greys.

#7 really draws me in. Probably the reverse of what was actually happening, but the me it conjures up the feel of misty rain closing in along the coast - I actually really enjoy days like this down the great ocean road here in Vic, as it's strangely moody yet encompassing. Good stuff as always.

FWIW, I've been weeping driving through the thick fog most of the week when heading off to work early of a morn' dyin to go hunting pictures (but without time to... :? ) - now the weekend's here and we're back to rain. Again. lol... :)
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

Re: Pea Soup

by Plays with Light » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:13 pm

beeb wrote:Damn this signature of yours! :lol:

Plays with Light wrote:Please don't nominate any of my images for the COW, thanks.

As much as I admire many images shared here, I don't personally subscribe to the "reward mentality" approach to life. Photography for me, is primarily a healing process and an exploration of my world and self through imagery.

beeb wrote:I like #4 for it's balance, and the simple tone palette of the black trees and railings on the soft blue/greys.

I was right across the street, as far away as I could be without trespassing. I may have to invest in a set of clip-on lenses for my iPhone. It would be so much better again, in my eyes, if it were wider.

beeb wrote:#7 really draws me in. Probably the reverse of what was actually happening, but the me it conjures up the feel of misty rain closing in along the coast - I actually really enjoy days like this down the great ocean road here in Vic, as it's strangely moody yet encompassing. Good stuff as always.

FWIW, I've been weeping driving through the thick fog most of the week when heading off to work early of a morn' dyin to go hunting pictures (but without time to... :? ) - now the weekend's here and we're back to rain. Again. lol... :)

I rarely get fog down here, so grabbed it while I could. It really does look like rain, but it wasn't. I won't comment on Melbourne's notorious weather, but it's never let me down, when I've been there! :wink:

There was a three day long exposure workshop recently on the Great Ocean Road which I would have dearly loved to attend, but I had to choose framing, etc.. for the upcoming exhibition or the workshop. Maybe next time.
    Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.