Some Old Iron
  • Mattyp

Some Old Iron

by Mattyp » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:03 pm

As a Metal Fabricator my work is usually very big, industrial and quite often, not very nice to look at. So it is a pleasure to occasionally get something at the workshop that is nice to the eye and fun to work on. This is a buddy's bike that we've been helping out with for a couple of years. I had my camera in my car (which was supposed to be a motivator to take some snaps for the last couple of weeks) and after convincing him he should have some photos taken I took a few shots he was really happy with.

Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

Re: Some Old Iron

by Plays with Light » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Lovin' the POV of the fourth one and the overall environment and colour of the last one too. I haven't seen high-riser handles for the longest time, very cool. She looks like a great project for your buddy!
    Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
  • Mattyp

Re: Some Old Iron

by Mattyp » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:47 pm

Thanks, its definately a cool toy and has me thinking about building one myself.
    Missed the focus on that POV one, was kicking myself for that afterwards.
    I shot all of these in colour but after staring at them for a while i thought i'd try B/W and thought it worked. Although I'm very new to B/W photography so not sure if the processing is right. The colour shot is pretty much straight off the camera, a slight tweak to the shadows. I was really lucky with the lighting, bit of morning sun coming through our workshop roof. I did have to wait a good 30mins for it to align with where the bike was being worked on though.