Burra
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Burra

by Eden » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Went country this weekend and saw the lovely town of Burra.

some of the property for sale is awesome to say the least.

ImageIMG_3399 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3560 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

stayed at the Paxton Square cottages and "no TV".

ImageIMG_3515 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3555 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

the small buildings are lovely around here and this old church was no exception

ImageIMG_3429 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3433 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

and most decent buildings were done ready to add on

ImageIMG_3439 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

"Burra is a country town in South Australia located 160km north of Adelaide, with a population of approximately 1,200 people. Founded in 1845, it was from then until 1877 the site of one of the world’s major copper mines, the income from which did much to save the young colony from financial disaster. By the time the mine closed in 1877 it was already also serving as a transport centre for the north-east of the colony and parts of western NSW and SW Qld."

ImageIMG_4026 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4021 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

There was lots of stuff you dont see often and I am going back again for three or 4 days to have a decent look

ImageIMG_3934 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

good to get away though!
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

Re: Burra

by beeb » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:36 pm

Looks like a great getaway mate, and well-earned by the sounds. :)

Eden wrote:ImageIMG_3399 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

If that isn't turned into a boutique brewery, I'd like to know why!

Eden wrote:the small buildings are lovely around here and this old church was no exception

ImageIMG_3429 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

I like this shot, and the use of the UWA works, but I'd suggest condering getting a little closer and higher. Closer would get the trees filling more of those upper corners of the image, and higher might show off some more of the snaking "S" shape in the path. Stunning building/setting though, I wish there was more stuff like that around Vic but everything either gets knocked down or converted into a dwellings (typically with a mangled mess of conflicting design... :doubt: )

Eden wrote:"Burra is a country town in South Australia located 160km north of Adelaide, with a population of approximately 1,200 people. Founded in 1845, it was from then until 1877 the site of one of the world’s major copper mines, the income from which did much to save the young colony from financial disaster. By the time the mine closed in 1877 it was already also serving as a transport centre for the north-east of the colony and parts of western NSW and SW Qld."

ImageIMG_4026 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4021 by Eden Leverington, on Flickr

These two are just awesome. Love them, wouldn't change 'em a bit. The first is just such a well composed and concise summary of the location, and the second just has so much information packed in - but without being overly busy. The lighting suits the scene to perfection, seriously - love these two shots. Great stuff mate!
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Burra

by Eden » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:49 am

Thanks for the feedback, it is good! (very much appreciated )

the potential Brew house was roped off (orange construction stuff) and near derelict.

With two petrol bowsers out the front is is a "no brainer" business wise.

all the property for sale over $300,000 was spectacular

check this place out for $340th (main st for traffic)

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-h ... -120798829

that bloody Church was on top of a "HILL"

it was way up and the shot hides the fact that I am aiming at 35 - 40 degrees up from the horizon (yep , half way to straight up nearly!) and was hard for me to stand there as it was (100-400 on my bucket list as of now!!! )

it was in my face as I came around a corner at 95+km/ph and said "STOP" to me...............

I'm not a "god botherer" but the instant diversion up the hill by chance was behind the caretakers that opened the gate and gave us access.

the last few of the mine were quick snaps (but thought out on the run) and I was pissed that we left so soon.

Am going back this Year again.

and will go with a tele as there are so many bird opportunities that it would justify the lens!

cheers Mate
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK