FD and EF/S adapter on the eos-m
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

FD and EF/S adapter on the eos-m

by Eden » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:32 pm

I took the eos-m out the back as I have a few hours to play,

the first two are the FD adapter straight out the camera with the "tiniest" bit of sharpening,

ImageIMG_0216 by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0207 by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

The next is with the EF adapter and the 100mm 2.8 macro straight out the camera with the "tiniest" bit of sharpening

ImageIMG_0228 by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

The last is with the EF adapter and the 100mm 2.8 macro straight out the camera with the "tiniest" bit of sharpening and 3/4 of the frame cropped out,

It is the smallest grass hopper I have ever seen (3-4mm) sitting on a daisy leaf

ImageIMG_0257 by MrStinkybait, on Flickr

The screen is a little dark when using the FD adapter but I am still happy!

eden
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
    Plays with Light
    Reporter
    Reporter

Re: FD and EF/S adapter on the eos-m

by Plays with Light » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:49 pm

Very nice, Eden. You'd have to be chuffed with that outcome. I wondered and kept my fingers crossed for you that the old kit would be a good match for the new kit. Looks like it is! 8)
    Feedback and honest, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Great out come Eden.

There is a bit of Chromatic Aberration round the top of the flower you could probably tweak out.

(Sometimes, I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.) - Will Ferrell,
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:13 pm

There is a bit of Chromatic Aberration round the top of the flower you could probably tweak out.

Yeah I saw that Doug and noticed it before ,

The old FD 200mm 2.8 has a shallow depth of field and I saw it worse with the FD adapter (glassed) on the 550d (its the old lens you threw on the 6d at the Pde Grounds at the uni shoot)

And yes Alex it is a great little camera for the minimal $$$, im chuffed
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK
    DJT
    Reporter
    Reporter

by DJT » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Gotta be happy with that outcome.
    It's great that they work, but probably not something you would use too often ?
    I had similar adapters for the Olympus when I had it. I think the macro lens was the only one I bothered playing with around the yard.
    Big lens & little cameras didn't quite make sense to me, when it was all about being smaller at the time :)
    David
    Eden
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Eden » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:55 pm

DJT wrote:Gotta be happy with that outcome.
    It's great that they work, but probably not something you would use too often ?
    I had similar adapters for the Olympus when I had it. I think the macro lens was the only one I bothered playing with around the yard.
    Big lens & little cameras didn't quite make sense to me, when it was all about being smaller at the time

I am Quite happy and the small camera is actually quite clumsy for me to hold "and still avoid changing the focus square to one edge of the screen" whilst taking a picture.

I threw the 15-85 on it also and the larger lens is great for grip as I tend to hold the lens/focus ring with the left hand leaving the right hand to fiddle with controls and still avoid touching the touch screen by mistake.

also the ef 200 2.8 costs a quite a few $$$ whereas the FD 200 2.8 cost me 60 odd bucks and I generally focus manually so it is a win-win scenario for me

I have the use (I think they might be keepers :) ) of a FD 300mm f4 and a 50mm f1.4 and as the adapter is glassless I get just that with them instead of the glassed ef adapter that looses light and clarity with the cheap glass the adapter contains.

The above three FD lenses are totally out of my reach in the EF/EFS range dollar wise.

The EF 100mm macro will get a flogging with both cameras as it is my favourite lens by far and the EFS 15-85 being a close second.

Having said that I now have the EOS-M with me all the time due to it's size.
    The EFM 18-55 is a fair lens and the EFM 22mm f2 is a cracker of a lens being crisp and clear so I have the basics covered for now.

The Raynox macro DCR-250 lens actually screws straight into the 43mm thread on the EFM 22mm f-2 and even though it is not true macro it still produces a lovely image.

Before I did the firmware upgrade the focus was slow but it is MORE than adequate "now" and quite frankly more than fit for purpose, It is not a DSLR and I don't expect it to be!

cheers eden
    Kurt Vonnegut

PPOK