Clovelly- north side dawn shoot 31/7/10 - Now 7 Aug....
  • User avatar
    cowsgomoo
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1986
    Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:56 pm
    Location: Ermington, NSW, Australia D300/D700
    Contact:

    Clovelly- north side dawn shoot 31/7/10 - Now 7 Aug....

    by cowsgomoo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:19 pm

    Anyone up for a shoot at Clovelly (north side) on Saturday 31/7/10?
    Parking should be good and I've already sussed the cafe out on the south side. Opens at 0800.
    Last edited by cowsgomoo on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    David

    *** PPOK ***
  • gerry
    Cadet
    Cadet
    Posts: 301
    Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:31 am
    Location: Newtown, Sydney
    Contact:

    by gerry » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:54 pm

    Yeah I should be around, I have done this locale before but have yet to pull off a nice pano of it.

    Its an easy place to get to also, there is the pool on the south side which might give some nice ideas for the pool nuts :lol: Parking is by donation to the local SLSA, but they are not there until a sensible hour, the othe roption is to park on the northern side for a shorter walk.

    Cafe is expensive from memory (that was a year or so ago) but there is also another nice cafe up the road on the hill opposite the pub.

    Tide is low at 5:14am with 0.4m swell - I think this might be good to get closer to the wwater and particularly that nice channel there.

    here is a few from my last visit, one of which yas saw on the weekend just gone. This was high tide or close to.

    Image

    Image

    Image
    just coz its the internet does not mean you can act like a dick :)
  • User avatar
    Disco
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:45 pm
    Location: Newcastle
    Contact:

    by Disco » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:02 pm

    I'll be there.
  • User avatar
    Rick104
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 141
    Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:19 pm
    Location: Parramatta
    Contact:

    by Rick104 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:59 am

    I am in, owh nooo, not another early night... : :(
  • User avatar
    cowsgomoo
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1986
    Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:56 pm
    Location: Ermington, NSW, Australia D300/D700
    Contact:

    by cowsgomoo » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:19 pm

    gerry wrote:Yeah I should be around, I have done this locale before but have yet to pull off a nice pano of it.

    Its an easy place to get to also, there is the pool on the south side which might give some nice ideas for the pool nuts :lol: Parking is by donation to the local SLSA, but they are not there until a sensible hour, the othe roption is to park on the northern side for a shorter walk.

    Cafe is expensive from memory (that was a year or so ago) but there is also another nice cafe up the road on the hill opposite the pub.

    Tide is low at 5:14am with 0.4m swell - I think this might be good to get closer to the wwater and particularly that nice channel there.

    here is a few from my last visit, one of which yas saw on the weekend just gone. This was high tide or close to.


    Was thinking of parking along Eastbourne Ave on the north side. Looked like enough parking when I checked it Saturday. Just be mindful of the bus stop area. Easy walk down the track from there.

    The cafe up the hill sounds like it might be the go if it's a bit cheaper.
    Map here-
    http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=-33.914001,151.268791&spn=0.001527,0.003278&z=19
    David

    *** PPOK ***
  • User avatar
    Disco
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:45 pm
    Location: Newcastle
    Contact:

    by Disco » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:58 pm

    Looks like I am going to miss this one guys. Have to drive back to Newy on Friday to pick up the neice and nephew. Look forward to seeing some pictures though.
  • User avatar
    cowsgomoo
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1986
    Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:56 pm
    Location: Ermington, NSW, Australia D300/D700
    Contact:

    by cowsgomoo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:29 pm

    Disco wrote:Looks like I am going to miss this one guys. Have to drive back to Newy on Friday to pick up the neice and nephew. Look forward to seeing some pictures though.


    Bring them with you. Kids love playing on the rocks.
    David

    *** PPOK ***
  • User avatar
    cowsgomoo
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1986
    Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:56 pm
    Location: Ermington, NSW, Australia D300/D700
    Contact:

    by cowsgomoo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:49 pm

    I should be there about 0545 I think.
    David

    *** PPOK ***
  • User avatar
    cowsgomoo
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1986
    Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:56 pm
    Location: Ermington, NSW, Australia D300/D700
    Contact:

    by cowsgomoo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:51 am

    Some scary rain coming in from the west. If it's looking that bad later I don't think I'll bother. Patchy rain yes, solid no...
    David

    *** PPOK ***
  • User avatar
    cowsgomoo
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1986
    Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:56 pm
    Location: Ermington, NSW, Australia D300/D700
    Contact:

    by cowsgomoo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:21 am

    Just checked the radar. Think there's a little too much rain for me. Think I'll opt for another morning.
    David

    *** PPOK ***
  • User avatar
    Rick104
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 141
    Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:19 pm
    Location: Parramatta
    Contact:

    by Rick104 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:17 pm

    Dave, i made the same decision, early this morning..

    I just had a nice thought, how about a group walk down the VALLEY OF THE WATERS, at Wentworth Falls, soon, before the warm weather kicks in..

    ONE NEEDS TO BE A LITTLE FIT...LOL

    HOW ABOUT IT FELLARS?????

    Cheers
    Rick
  • User avatar
    Rick104
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 141
    Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:19 pm
    Location: Parramatta
    Contact:

    by Rick104 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:19 pm

    Dave, i made the same decision, early this morning..

    I just had a nice thought, how about a group walk down the VALLEY OF THE WATERS, at Wentworth Falls, soon, before the warm weather kicks in..

    ONE NEEDS TO BE A LITTLE FIT...LOL

    HOW ABOUT IT FELLARS?????

    Cheers
    Rick
  • User avatar
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Posts: 3572
    Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:10 pm
    Location: SE Sydney
    Contact:

    by Busiboy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:06 pm

    cowsgomoo wrote:Just checked the radar. Think there's a little too much rain for me. Think I'll opt for another morning.


    Funnily enough, if I had realised, I would have been more inclined, was an ordinary week however so sleep in was warmly welcomed.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

    Scott
  • User avatar
    cowsgomoo
    Reporter
    Reporter
    Posts: 1986
    Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:56 pm
    Location: Ermington, NSW, Australia D300/D700
    Contact:

    by cowsgomoo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:20 pm

    Went to the boat show instead.

    Was thinking about trying again tomorrow morning though. Any takers?
    David

    *** PPOK ***
  • User avatar
    Rick104
    Member
    Member
    Posts: 141
    Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:19 pm
    Location: Parramatta
    Contact:

    by Rick104 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:25 pm

    cowsgomoo wrote:Went to the boat show instead.

    Was thinking about trying again tomorrow morning though. Any takers?


    i would like to, should be a beautiful morning, but i have a Moto trials i have to film tomorrow at Appin

    Cheers
    Rick

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest