Geelong Via Great Ocean Road To Adelaide
  • D_M_R Photography

Geelong Via Great Ocean Road To Adelaide

by D_M_R Photography » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:21 am

Well this week i am off to melbourne driving all the way to Geeelong then via the Great Ocean road to Adelaide. I was there at 12 Aposiles in January of this year but had to cut back through over to the highway from Port Campbell to catch the boat back to Tasmania. But this time i will be doing the whole trip on Great Ocean Road. Will be living in Adelaide for a while to seek Employment. As i have family there and used to live there i know my way round pretty well. So what i am asking is what are all the good places along the way to take photos. As i am going to take 2 days to drive up i should be able to get in some good snaps. As i will be using my 35mm lens most of the time due to my Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens was lost due to falling in the sea along with my camera. Camera is being replaced but lens wasnt insured. Just hoping that my 35mm lens will be good enough to use. So if everyone can give me some pointers on places where to go on the way up it would be much appreciated. When i get to Adelaide there are some awsome places i will be visiting to get some photos like Hallet Cove, Port Noarlunga, Victor Harbour, Brighton Jetty, Glenelg Jetty.
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:36 am

Shame about the lens, but I am sure that a single lens might be a blessing in disguise for the trip.

My last GOR trip was in 2000, so the details are sketchy, but the most scenic ocean vistas were all in the 12 apostles bit, the rest was nice foresty type stuff.

I particularly preferred the other end of the road, the SA end.

Enjoy the trip, take your time if possible.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:16 pm

I would consider any of these worth stopping at:

> Geelong (Plenty of boats in the bay area)
    > Clifton Springs (Old Jettys)
    > Queenscliff (Lighthouse, Pier with buildings)
    > Airey's Inlet (Lighthouse)
    > Lorne (Teddy's Lookout, Erskine Falls, Pier, and main beach)
    > The Otways (Hopetoun Falls, Beauchamp Falls, (Triplet Falls are nice, but can't really see them to photograph them, and Little Aire falls are a massive walk in and back), Redwood Picnic Ground...)
    > The 12 Apostles (some of the other features of that Port Campbell area are quite good too...)

Beyond that, I don't know. ^ That's as far as I've made it so far. :lol: