MSY, anyone purchased a P&S from them
    makario

MSY, anyone purchased a P&S from them

by makario » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi,

I am buying a P&S for my wife from MSY and they appear to be cheaper for a CanonA2000IS, hence my question is has anyone used them before? They tell me that its Canon stock and not grey market and since they charge me GST I will be able to claim it back when I travel next month.

Cheers,
    Mak
    Canon stuff

"The Reward is in the doing of it..!!" - <i>Worlds Fastest Indian (2005) </i>
    jota_au

by jota_au » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:31 pm

MSY is primarly a Computer Store, im there every week and its absolutly fantastic. In saying that I would never buy a camera from them. If there is an issue with the Camera itself I don't think you can take it back to the store to get repaired. They usually tell you to go through the manufacture. Thats what generally happens in the Sydney stores anyway. But if you are after some cheap CF Cards or Computer Parts then its definatly the place to go.
  • ruski

Re: MSY, anyone purchased a P&S from them

by ruski » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:10 pm

makario wrote:Hi,

I am buying a P&S for my wife from MSY and they appear to be cheaper for a CanonA2000IS, hence my question is has anyone used them before? They tell me that its Canon stock and not grey market and since they charge me GST I will be able to claim it back when I travel next month.

Cheers,
    Mak

Now you've got me interested too Mak...

Just had a look, and they've got the G10 for $575 and the best the JB guy could do it for was $684 today.

Definitely makes you think :?
  • ajychau

by ajychau » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:15 pm

I for one will trust MSY, they are possibly the cheapest computer parts retailer in Melbourne, even cheaper than buying from the web...and if you ever have been to one of their stores, they have floor to ceiling, wall to wall of stuff, with about 1m walking corridor space...and a little table to sell stuff from...

Oh and they don't do grey imports, well not that I'm aware of anyway...
  • ruski

by ruski » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:25 pm

Oh look, I definitely agree with you there.

My last 2 machines have come from there and I haven't had any issues.

And i'm not hoping to have any issues with the camera, BUT if something were to happen... Just hope they'd look after me :D
    Karrossa

by Karrossa » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:38 pm

I used to buy from MSY for many years while I lived in Sydney. Always good to deal with and no hassles to replace something as long as you had your invoice.

The only reason I changed over to Techbuy was MSY still refuse to do any deliveries, so a bit hard to buy from Cairns.
    matt
    Reporter
    Reporter

by matt » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:39 pm

Bought heaps of PC gear from them.. But never had to return anything. So cant comment of customer service.

The G10 looks good at that price.

MATT