A bit different but a big flick
    riblit
    Cadet
    Cadet

A bit different but a big flick

by riblit » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:42 pm

About 3 years ago this girl won a free photoshoot with a mob called vaig, against advice she went along for the free shoot and ended up signing a contract for over $3000 worth of photos, with a discount is she would allow them to use here in a commercial. She ended up paying a bit over $1400 for a mini album and three 8 x 10 prints. The prints turned up a few days ago. The mini album contains 32 90mm square prints, some of which are monochrome version of the colour prints.
    The quality is mediocre at best with blown highlights and contrasty lighting. This one wins the prize for print QC
    She said her hand was on his upper arm, the studio took it upon themselves to move it as you can see in the image. You should be able to work out what they did.

A DVD arrived a few weeks ago, along with a letter telling her it contained the commercial she was in. We went through it frame by frame without finding her.
    PP and CC ok
    John
    My flickr stuff
  • avkomp

by avkomp » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:59 pm

what can I say??

I certainly wouldnt be a happy camper :twisted: :evil:
    Kristine65
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Kristine65 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Time to find a lawyer who wont bill till they win their case!

I've seen Vaig do those conversational commercials during breakfast tele. They sure do seem vague now :D
    Krissy
    PPOK
    8^)
    bindiblue
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by bindiblue » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:09 am

What a rip off,, I do hope she can get some help somewhere, even go to the TV station get it on ACA or something
    Suzanne
    PPOK

http://bindiblue.blogspot.com/

D200, D300 & few lens's
    riblit
    Cadet
    Cadet

by riblit » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Kristine65 wrote:Time to find a lawyer who wont bill till they win their case!

I've seen Vaig do those conversational commercials during breakfast tele. They sure do seem vague now :D

breakfast tele - That's sometime in the early morning, I'd have to get up to watch it.
    She received a DVD in the post a few weeks ago with a letter saying it contained the commercial that included her photo. She brought the DVD over and we went through the 29 sec commercial frame by frame. Her photo wasn't there. When she mentioned that while arranging to get the mini album and three 8 x 10 prints that she had paid for, the response was that they must have sent the wrong commercial be mistake. She was asked for the negative number of the selected photo and told she would be in the next one. Seems they make a new one every couple of months.

bindiblue wrote: What a rip off, I do hope she can get some help somewhere, even go to the TV station get it on ACA or something

I had a look around the 'net after I saw the photo and found a couple of links.
    http://nowra.yourguide.com.au/articles/ ... stories%20 is on vaig and http://todaytonightadelaide.com.au/story.php?id=512 is on studio 2000
    The DVD came from studio 2000 and both studio names are on the envelope
    PP and CC ok
    John
    My flickr stuff
  • avkomp

by avkomp » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:13 pm

I googled that company

seems all their customers should be models
    and are in the commercial

a bunch of unhappy campers out there.
  • Bibi

by Bibi » Mon May 26, 2008 8:10 pm

photo companies like this like to take advantage of young and very impressionable australian females, who are told they'll be models and charged exuberant fees. there are some pro bono lawyers who are chasing them (not exactly sure if its vaig or other company, so cant comment) for manipulating young aboriginal girls who are on centrelink benefits and are taking all their money.

tell your friend to chase it up, because they do take advantage of people
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Mon May 26, 2008 9:18 pm

mmm?
    Rick104

by Rick104 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:30 pm

That is just .... *^&&)*......................g terrible....

Rick