Adobe Service - Non existant!!!!
    Oneputt

Adobe Service - Non existant!!!!

by Oneputt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:05 am

Since I received my iMac nearly two weeks ago I have been trying (at this stage without success) to obtain a transfer of my PS licence to the new platform.

I have tried their online support service - absolute crap sometimes they do not even bother to reply.

Email - ditto

Telephone - only to be advised that I had to send a heap of paperwork to them including a letter saying why I wanted the transfer - hello I have bought an iMac, a declaration that I would destroy the existing software, and a copy of the original invoice. Fax would seem the best way to do this so I get the paperwork together only to find that they have not given me the Australian Fax number.

Back on the phone, get the number, get the paperwork together but hey the fax is constantly, and I mean constantly engaged, and some american voice keeps telling me to try again later.

Now patience has never been one of my virtues and at the moment there is steam coming out from under my collar. All up including the original purchase of Photoshop, and the upgrades to CS2 and CS3 I have spent around $1800!!!!!! Yet this mob of XXXXholes have still not helped me out.

Is it any wonder people resort to pirating software.!!
    "The good thing about meditation, is that it makes doing nothing respectable." **PPOK**

www.oneputtphotographics.com
    http://oneputt.redbubble.com/
    Sir Tristram
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Sir Tristram » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:29 am

I have spent around $1800!!!!!!

See thats the point John, they ALREADY have your money. Whats in it for them to help you out? Mores the fact, what other editing software will you go to if you are unsatisfied? So they have you both ways. Best be grabbing your ankles I think.
    John C.
    **PPOK**
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:20 am

Keep a tube of KY handy.

Typically is the way though, once any of them have your money you are of little concern.

Just pirate it, don't register it. If you ever get taken to court present this.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
    Oneputt

by Oneputt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:36 am

Latest is both fax numbers they gave me (the Oz number and the OS number) are routed to the one line which has been out of action since some time yesterday, a fact they conveniently forgot to tell me. They are without doubt a pack of barstools :evil:
    "The good thing about meditation, is that it makes doing nothing respectable." **PPOK**

www.oneputtphotographics.com
    http://oneputt.redbubble.com/
    ToddR
    Cadet
    Cadet

by ToddR » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:55 am

Bugged if you do try and do the right thing, Bugged if you don't.

It seems that the insentives to play by the rules are lacking and the insentive to do a 5 second search on the internet are growing.
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:06 pm

Why not load Windows on yor Imac and use Bootcamp then keep all your windows programs in the one place ?

Windows works faster on a iMac hehehe

loz
    boggy
    Cadet
    Cadet

by boggy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:29 pm

OnePutt,

If you have CS3 for Mac, there is a patcher available. It is called

c_3k4_leo.dmg

Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

Boggy
    dm_td5
    Cadet
    Cadet

by dm_td5 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:47 pm

John, I had the opposite experience with Adobe, one phone call was all it took and everything sorted. Spoke to a very helpful lady (somewhere in the world).

That said, I can understand your frustrations. I ended up not transferring my license as I still need a Windows license for my laptop and ended up paying for a second CS3 for the iMac. She explained to me I would need to send back my other copy and they would issue me with the Mac version.

Now if you want frustration, try getting the missing components for a new Canon printer out of Canon Australia, took me 3 months and I had to prove I didn't get them.
    Derek - Nikon, Manfrotto, RRS, Apple *- PPOK -*