what happened ?
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

what happened ?

by LOZ » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:28 pm

what happened in the last 5 months ?
    Calm down its not real life its a internet forum:)
  • W G
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

Re: what happened ?

by W G » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:55 pm

G'day Loz,

It'd be sort of safe to say sweet FA, but that might be a deficit of veracity.

The COW got the flick and then arose again from the dead. Beeb kicked off an unofficial weekly challenge.

I got the shove from work and so I am now a pensioner (did I leave out the word 'aged' with pensioner?). Retirement feels like a legitimised truancy for which I attempt some antidote by finally having the time to mine the archives of negs and press the scanner into action.

What have you been up to? You have been sorely missed.
    Walter Glover

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:25 am

Hi Walter hope all is well now your retired we should get together for bangers and mash my shout :)

Retirement is like been born again I wish I had done it many years ago living on the boat 5/7 days a week has given me time to love whats around the next bend and given a chance to venture further a field where a weekend was too restrictive .Spent many weeks in Ueno just out side Tokyo Im sure I was born in the wrong country life is so relaxed there and the simplest small things give me the most pleasure so master plan is to spend more time in Japan . Health is fuzked but shit happens lol " Here for a good time not a long time "
    Doug
    Reporter
    Reporter

by Doug » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:02 pm

Good to hear from you again Loz.
    Doing much photography ?
    Always a good way to chill and see things in a fresh light.
    LOZ
    Photojournalist
    Photojournalist

by LOZ » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:10 pm

Doug wrote:Good to hear from you again Loz.
    Doing much photography ?
    Always a good way to chill and see things in a fresh light.

Sad but at present photography is the last thing on my mind after 47 + years it may return but Im not holding my breath
    I have greater enjoyment of the small things in life and technology isn't a part of it.
    Busiboy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by Busiboy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:30 pm

All forums are generally suffering the same thing I have found.

I am a member of a 4wd forum that used to a number of years ago have more posts than you could watch each day, now you could check in once a week and be all over it all.

I think there are a few factors at play, moderation I think plays a big part and the wider audiences now available on more social networking sites mean forums aren't really as popular.

There are a number of networking sites photo based where you don't need an external host or anything, arguably, if we all 'liked' each other of flickr we wouldn't need to be on the forum at all. A number of those sites also host forums that seem to cater to a wider audience. More muppets, trolls and flaming but hey, its how the kids roll these days.
    *PPOK*
    C&C always welcome

Scott
  • beeb
    Golden Cow
    Golden Cow

by beeb » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:16 pm

Busiboy wrote:More muppets, trolls and flaming but hey, its how the kids roll these days.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This quote made my day. Thanks Scott. :)